BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished with Real Clam Man and Indepth on Saturday for those that did not see Art's post. I got to thinking (and i thought this was funny) how indepth wanted to scrub the whole boat down inside and out. I kept telling him not to - just hose her down and we'll scrub the blood stains. he insisted on scrubbing as if it was a white fiberglass boat. In all, our clean up lasted maybe 4 minutes.

Indepth can tell you how easy it was to clean this Plate Alloy Boat. Another great reason to look at this boat if you are looking to buy new

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Ya know , I could get real spoiled if i had to clean that boat every day :D
I realy don't know how to handle not scrubbing on the way in :rolleyes: ;) Whats a guy to do ? :D

The boat is sweet and just eats up that chop !
Black Lab new what they were doing when they came up with that hull.

Without a doubt it's one of the most maintinance free boats built , and thats on top of it's great performance . It's one hard core machine.

Now that i know it's plenty easy to throw a net from, i wanna see how it handles a fly rod with alberts......Hint hint :D :D

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Hey Chris, Did you get your new motor yet?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Originally posted by Chris Gatley:
I fished with Real Clam Man and Indepth on Saturday for those that did not see Art's post. I got to thinking (and i thought this was funny) how indepth wanted to scrub the whole boat down inside and out. I kept telling him not to - just hose her down and we'll scrub the blood stains. he insisted on scrubbing as if it was a white fiberglass boat. In all, our clean up lasted maybe 4 minutes.

Indepth can tell you how easy it was to clean this Plate Alloy Boat. Another great reason to look at this boat if you are looking to buy new
I swear I saw Craig washing cars in the Parking lot :D

I Said it once and I will say it again that Black Lab is 1 awesome boat.

Art

[ 08-09-2005, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CSSstriper-

no new motor - the dealer has it backordered still - i am just about done waiting. my johnzuki 4 stroke is treating me well of late

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I think you may have mis understood us a bit .
Chris has the black lab , it's a 23 foot CC .

I'm shore Chris will answer all your questions .
I think he's on the road for a couple of day's , so hang in there till he can respond to your question.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey guys

the models range from a 19 footer to a 26 footer. the price will vary due to customized packages. Plus, a 4 stroke motor will add to the tally.

i am out of presentation kits which include the price lists per optrions but check their site at

www.platealloyboats.com or www.blacklabmarine.com

they compete with the cost of a good boat in its length category. ie, seacraft, regulator etc...

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Hi Tim ,
I'm doing fine and hope you are also.

To answer your question i'd have to say not anytime soon. There are two priority's ahead of a new boat. I realy need a new house, like a hermit crab needs a new shell, it's a bit tight around here.
Then of course there is the issue of buying a new trailer to put at one of the campgrounds down the shore so i can stop being a day tripper ;)

Bottom line , it's 3 moves away.
I just hope my back can last that long :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ichan-

after researching heavily, i went to their facility in maine to look at them. i delt with the owners from there. i arranged for the boat to be their winter show display boat so I did not have to drive to maine for pick up. i met them in rhode island at the saltwater show in april. 4-5 hour ride vs a 9 hr ride.

we are trying to piece together a demo ride day with the owners on raritan baythis fall but i have yet to firm dates with black lab marine

also, they will not sign on dealers. the boats truly need to be discussed and sold by current boat owners or the company. otherwise it justgets lumped in as just another boat. let me tell you, this is not just another boat.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
feel free to check mine out sometime prior to the drive. i will be traveling till sept 1st. after that works for me. irun the boat out of keyport, nj near atlantic highlands

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
yea ive been there i was just wonderin chris had pics of ur boat

[ 08-11-2005, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: lchan ]

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Hey Chris, i am going to maine in october to stop by the shop and talk with Jay. Maybe we can get together for that test ride that we talked about earlier in the spring before i go to maine?

Chris

Craig, havent heard from you in a while, hope all is well

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
CSS

I'm doing just fine . I become pretty scarce in the summer :D
I've been doing a lot fishng crabing and clamming. The normal summer routine for me. The only problem is i hate being a weekend warrior .
I'm getting slamed at work!

I see your serious about the lab . Your going to like it even more after you ride in it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts