BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really excited about the upcoming fishing season, but are the bass biting now or is it still too soon?

If it is too soon, when will they be biting? Thanks For Your Help!- Coop

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
we have been catchin em for over a month now. Not lots but they are bitin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reply to ClifR

Thanks guys, but ClifR you said they are but it matters how you fish them? You got any tips for right now?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have been catching them since December 29 on Rooster Tails. I alwys done very well on small spinnersany color.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Lil Coop 11 said:
Thanks guys, but ClifR you said they are but it matters how you fish them? You got any tips for right now?
I'm assuming that you're talking about Largemouth or smallmouth bass. For stripers, forget what I said and get someone else to fill both of us in. :D

General rule of thumb for bass: when the water temp is cold, go with a smaller bait at a slower speed. And when I say slow, I mean dead slow. I've always had good luck with a small jig fished very slow in deep water this time of year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I caught a real nice 2.75lb bass first cast with a real small broke back rapala.. I had a real slow retrieve and it nailed it..not one bite after that

·
Registered
617 Posts
My friend went out two days ago and caught a monster Large Mouth Bass weighed it at 7.5 lbs. Caught it on a Rooster Tail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts