BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys own a Nitro bass boat? I`m considering a Nitro Z7. Or would someone reccomend a different brand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bass boats

Don't know to much about the new Z boats. I have a 1994 nitro 16' that I bought new and I can't think of any bad things to say about the nitro line. What trolling motor do you get with it? Mine came with the motoguide with the steel shaft. Try to get one with the composit shaft because if you run into a stump the steel shaft will bend. Other than that a real nice boat.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FishermanNJ said:
Don't know to much about the new Z boats. I have a 1994 nitro 16' that I bought new and I can't think of any bad things to say about the nitro line. What trolling motor do you get with it? Mine came with the motoguide with the steel shaft. Try to get one with the composit shaft because if you run into a stump the steel shaft will bend. Other than That a real nice boat.
Thanks for the reply. I have been using Minn Kotas for quite awhile now and have been happy with them. If I get that Z7 I`ll at least, get a 70lb or better trolling motor. The 55s drain the battery too much. I just got a new boat with a 70lb motor and the difference in battery draw is significant. Of course it has a 24 volt system and recharge time is a lot less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts