BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some reccomendations(sp?)..

I want to start using a baitcaster for my SM/LM fishing, but I need some help with a reel.

I'm looking for a low profile reel, but I NEED a left hand retrieve. Do they even make them? It would seem silly not to.. Anybody have any sggestions? I would like to keep the price under 120$.

Thanks for the help..

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Itsdashark said:
they do make them. Have you ever used a baitcaster before?
Never tried a low profile type reel. I have used the Abu 6501's for flatheads, but i imagine a low profile taking some practice..

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked out the code, but it's only in right hand retrieve. Looks really nice.

I hope I can find any reel in a left. I love Quantum's stuff though..

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
walleye086 said:
I need some reccomendations(sp?)..

I want to start using a baitcaster for my SM/LM fishing, but I need some help with a reel.

I'm looking for a low profile reel, but I NEED a left hand retrieve. Do they even make them? It would seem silly not to.. Anybody have any sggestions? I would like to keep the price under 120$.

Thanks for the help..

http://www.tackledirect.com/daiwa-team-daiwa-tierra-baitcasting-reel.html

http://www.tackledirect.com/daiwa-team-daiwa-viento-baitcasting-reel.html

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Weird. I was looking at that reel about an hour ago. It's a flashy looking reel. I like it alot. I'm going to look up some more reviews.

Thanks!

The second one is also really nice. Does anybody have any experiance with a "twitchn bar"?? Would like to know if it's worth the extra money?

·
Registered
6,862 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Quantum makes an Accurist PT 501 in left hand. It`s not a bad reel. It sells for about $120.
There are a lot of nice reels in left hand out there for the price you`re willing to pay. I have Pfleugers. Quantums, and Daiwas. They are all good reels. Pick something that feels good in your hands and with both cast control and spool control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts