BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read in the papers there is a possibility of a BASS PRO SHOPS going up in the Atlantic City area, doe anyone know if this is true.....

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Was supposed to be at the AC race track. However, Bass Pro Shops decided against the idea. I think the store is going up in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Guess it's not PA then, but it isn't going to be around here, unfortunately....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sounds like there Competing with the Cabelas in Seacacus NJ.

Bass pro dos have slightly better prices. However the Cabelas brand rods and gear are excelent quality and value for the price. I have 4 Cabelas salt striker rods Better/stronger/faster/durable then my fenwicks and Gloomis. Gloomis is more sensitive though but very fragile.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I second the Cabelas salt striker rods, very nice action. I prefer Cabelas over BP since they send me discount coupons several times a year for the Hamburg store.

·
Registered
455 Posts
There's one in Harrisburg, just off I-83. Complete with a 75,000 gallon tank loaded with great specimens, including a school of stripers.

Great store.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
It was Cabela's that ws looking at the race track. Now they are going to the Meadowlands. I'd like to see either them or Bass Pro come down here.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Actually I'd rather they keep BPS and Cabela's out of South Jersey. We need the local bait and tackle shops around for fresh bait, seasonal tackle and daily advise on what's happening. A "nice place to visit but I would't want to live there situation". I've never seen either support a site like the Barn.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, I second that on the mom-and-pop tackle shops...We have some good ones around here...It's a little like the Walmart/HomeDepot of fishing stuff, huh?

·
Registered
821 Posts
If they put one in NJ, then we'll hafta pay NJ Sales Tax on Catalog and Internet Orders!!
STAY OUT of NJ!!!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by NJ_H2OFWLR:
If they put one in NJ, then we'll hafta pay NJ Sales Tax on Catalog and Internet Orders!!
STAY OUT of NJ!!!
Taxman will be coming for a visit if the site you buy from dosen't collect NJ's 6%
There was a story in teh press a week or so ago about a woman whose husband bought his smokes on line and died, the state sent the widow a bill for almost $800.00 for the back taxes he never paid/teh site never collected.

[ 05-13-2006, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Bob Jester ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts