BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the kids perch fishing and was met with a great sight. Saw striper thrashing threw the water all over. We just sat and watched. The kids enjoyed the scene in front of them. We tried a few casts but they wouldn't take what we had. Didn't have any striper plugs or even decent poles. All ultra lights so if we did hook up it would of been interesting. They are up there spawning or getting in the mood to do so. All I can say it was about 1/2 way up the river. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All i can say one of the three off the GE Bay. FIgure let them have some piece so we can have future(hopefully) Bass. If I post where there will be people hasseling them BIG time.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We didn't do real good on the perch. Really didn't try to much after watching the bass frolic for aboout 45 min. There was some BIG fish in there. I may try to go get some video today. Probably never see that again. Right place right time. Greenmanm last weekend they got a few up the river neer the ramp in tuckahoe just around the bend going towards the bay. 24/7 has bloods. Lew I still need those numbers on that engine so I can get out of your way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anybody check the water temperature? If it is below 58 degrees you were looking at fish feeding and not spawning. A degree below 58 and the eggs die in the firt 24 hours.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
No they aren't spawning. :rolleyes:
The Tuckahoe river has a good population of schoolies.
I was out looking around last night, and was surprised at the amount of bait at the powerplant at beesley's pt. Nothing chasing them though.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
No they aren't spawning. :rolleyes:
The Tuckahoe river has a good population of schoolies.
I was out looking around last night, and was surprised at the amount of bait at the powerplant at beesley's pt. Nothing chasing them though.
Maybe it was "Foreplay"....:D...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Perch it's the appetizer
The main course will here soon
Maybe you would like a cocktail in the mean time:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.