BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have. A 22 foot boat with a 150 Yamaha. Need to replace batteries. Looking for input On what to purchase. Thanks.

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
You'll here anything from WalMart to Interstate but i have been using Auto Zone Duralast Batteries for a few years and have never had a problem. BTW i have a 19ft CC with a DF140 pushing it and only have the radios and FF/GPS nothing crazy power wise.BTW they are the Deep Cycle Marine Batteries.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I will look into them BTW. Guess by your name you are out of Local 98. I am a retire out of 654. Take care.

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
Yep retired 5 years ago.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep retired 5 years ago.
That’s great. I just went this past August. We probably have several guys that we know together. I worked for the same contractor for 20 years and we had guys from both locals as regulars. Do not want to name here. I was the “ service “ truck so I was all over Catch them up. Looking forward to warmer weather.

·
Registered
101 Posts
iv also had very good luck with autozone batteries. I use two for starting. Just the regular starting batteries, nothing special. I also use a deep cell duralast for the house from sams club. just got a new one. group 31 deep cell $100

·
Registered
16 Posts
I always stay away from exide batteries. I work with a battery expert many years ago. He said they used inferior (dirty) lead and their batteries tend to fail premature. That's about 2 cents on a dollar question. I am currently running cabelas batteries, pre full bass pro buy out. Have been happy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
just bought 2 duracell batts from batteries plus can't beat the warrenty check them out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts