BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Annie and me bought a house and dock on the Pamlico (NC.) We move in by the end of May. The dock has an 8000# lift. I want to get a bay boat -as big as I can get - for 'mild' fishin & duckin. My definition of 'mild' means no forays into bad weather. I would like as shallow a draft as possible.
I have been told the fishing there is for puppy drum, flounder (fluke?) specs and bitty stripers. 10 mile north is fresh water for catfish, lm and panfish.
I am in no hurry to buy.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Phil you might want to go with a alunuim boat like a Mirrorcraft or something similiaer .they are very easy to tow,move good with less hp motor,and very easy to clean and perfect for ducking as they are easy to camo ove.Glass boats I would look a Martime skiff very stable for shooting and draw very little water

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Annie and me bought a house and dock on the Pamlico (NC.) We move in by the end of May. The dock has an 8000# lift. I want to get a bay boat -as big as I can get - for 'mild' fishin & duckin. My definition of 'mild' means no forays into bad weather. I would like as shallow a draft as possible.
I have been told the fishing there is for puppy drum, flounder (fluke?) specs and bitty stripers. 10 mile north is fresh water for catfish, lm and panfish. h at
I am in no hurry to buy.
What no shrimpin? get somethin with at least 100 hp to tow with;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts