BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how things down at baypoint are shaping up? have not heard from Kate or mike in a while, figure their busy and I dont want to call. I am planning on having my boat ready in another week or so and wanted to know if anyone was catching near there or from there. Also looking for the spring tourny date. Anyone.....mikey.......block.......polky...bueller.......:)
JB

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I put my boat in it's slip at Bay Point on April 7. Went out after stripers on thursday, April 10 and got one 32" "keeper" along with "shorts".

Kate has bait. Call her @ 455-8433 or 447-9700. There were several boats in their slip when I went out thursday.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bay Bee! I will call her. If they are ready i can leave her in when I splash.did they have bunker or clam?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
agita,

I talked to Kate today. Things are looking good there. They are working on replacing several docks. They have plenty of fresh bunker. Lots of bunker up the bay with lots of stripers. The stripers are not interested in eating right now they are busy having sex.:D Several big stripers caught in the river and we will start to see more big bass after they spawn. It should really start to turn on sometime in May. The nets have been loaded with big cows and bunker way up the bay. The Bay Point spring tournament is May 17 and 18. The bunker are really thick up the bay.

Bay bee, will you be fishing out of Bay Point this year? What happen, no fish down the bay????:D I will probably see you there sometime. I will not start until sometime in May or when the fish starting eating.:D

·
Registered
381 Posts
agita

we took a ride down to the marina today, things looked real good , a few boats are in , talked to Mikey and Butch, didnt see Kate it was around 5 pm, stopped at the Toadfish on the way home :D :D

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Captblock said:
agita,

I talked to Kate today. Things are looking good there. They are working on replacing several docks. They have plenty of fresh bunker. Lots of bunker up the bay with lots of stripers. The stripers are not interested in eating right now they are busy having sex.:D Several big stripers caught in the river and we will start to see more big bass after they spawn. It should really start to turn on sometime in May. The nets have been loaded with big cows and bunker way up the bay. The Bay Point spring tournament is May 17 and 18. The bunker are really thick up the bay.

Bay bee, will you be fishing out of Bay Point this year? What happen, no fish down the bay????:D I will probably see you there sometime. I will not start until sometime in May or when the fish starting eating.:D
Yes Captain, I'll be fishing out of Bay Point this year. Left the other marina after ten seasons. I'll be fishing the same areas that I fished at the other marina. The Maull is about the same distance from the other marina as it is from Bay Point. One reason I'm at Bay Point is to be near you, so I can get some fishing info.:D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Grady in the picture!

That is our Grady Tournament in the picture! Too bad we have to work! You feeling "ok" J-3???:rolleyes:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feed back! Looks like their ready! I am on vacation april 19th to the 26th. Planning on having my son for the week and realy want to get him his stripes! I know its early and they are distracted with uh...you know...but maybe we will get lucky. Very excited to get started! See you all down at the dock!
JB

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
NickyD, thanks for the picture. When you start showing me pictures of those big bass I will be down there.:D When you putting the boat in the water? Last I heard that crane on the barge was sinking. It's still there.:eek: They will have a Bay Point community clean up day there soon. Since you are retired I expect to see you there.:D

kliner, you could retire anytime now but why would you when you can have the whole summer off.:D Is that your other daughter playing softball for PV?

Bay Bee, you don't have go down to the Maull to catch fish.:D

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
From Captain Block:
Bay Bee, you don't have go down to the Maull to catch fish.:D[/quote]

That's one reason why I'm at Bay Point! I need to get near you so I can find out where the fish are.:D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Captnblock

That's our baby, Kelly 3 for 3 yesterday against Salem. Good thing she takes after her mother!

One time out and took the skunk last thursday, I'll have to follow you out next time. See you at the dock!:D

·
Registered
989 Posts
hey nickyd no boats on the front docks are they ready?tring to get the boat ready for early may.my spot is on the front dock 2 down from the barge.looking forward to getting some cow stripers and sitting on the dock with a cold one.thanks for report.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts