BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well me and the crew gave it our best shot. went out of Baypoint for the tourney sat. sun up and were met with 6 footers south of flat top. The only other boat out there with us was the "unreal" a thiry some foot contender with tripple yammys.(my thanks to the Capt. for keeping an eye on us) we sat in one spot all day and took a real beating but we had a good bite near low tide and put a twenty pound bass in the box.I knew the top three fish were all over twenty pounds so we set our sites on sun.
sunday was only 3-4 footers!!! most of the day and the bite was red hot!!! all at the low tide and the incoming. Boated some of the largest blues I ever caught in the bay! even threw back a couple of thirty inch bass.......it was a mad frenzy but alass the heavy hitters were few and far between. two day best was probably around thirty pounds but we lost him boat side do to the rockin and rollin. Any way had a great time and can't wait for next year...Thanks Baypoint.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
If you fished on Saturday, it was definitely what one would call your "best shot". ;) What size boat were you guys running?

And thanks for the report.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BMC, a guy named T.stedefco won it with a 37lber did'nt catch his first name.
D's I was on my 21' seaswirl WA, my back is still killing me from the ride in. Crazy thing is the rougher we rocked the more the fish bit. It was my first tournament and I must say I really enjoyed the challenge. Maybe next year I will participate in a few more.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.