BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to get an idea of how long it takes to get from beach haven west to either inlet. I have always kept the boat in waretown but i have a chance to have some donated bulkhead space in BHW. My cruise speed is 25 knots or so. I have always been spoiled with being in waretown but no slip fees buys alot of gas and bait.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Once you're in the bay, I'd say about a half hour either way. If you're further back in BHW, that could take another 30-45 minutes, depending on how far back. I used to fish with a buddy whose house was about 3 miles back up Mill Creek and it took us about 30 minutes to get to the bay, then another 30 or so to either inlet, considering all the no wake zones.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once you're in the bay, I'd say about a half hour either way. If you're further back in BHW, that could take another 30-45 minutes, depending on how far back. I used to fish with a buddy whose house was about 3 miles back up Mill Creek and it took us about 30 minutes to get to the bay, then another 30 or so to either inlet, considering all the no wake zones.
this spot is lucky in that fact, its right on the bay. those long rides stuck back in the lagoons can def suck.

·
Registered
662 Posts
takes me 25 minutes from mouth of the bay(by the old crane barge) to LE buoy if I take the inland route because there are no no-wake zones. When we run offshore in the dark we follow the ICW and it takes longer due the 2 no-wake zones

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If you run south take the inland way and just stay about 50 yards off the sod banks. Once you hit what we call the ugly house you will pick up a set of markers and they will take you up to beach haven and then to the inlet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will mostly be fishing out of barnegat inlet but if i am in the middle it gives me the option to start fishing out of little egg. The phoenix doesnt do very much bay fishing so its all about going offshore to the mid range stuff.

·
Registered
928 Posts
depends i run a 25 grady and cut through the island out of mill creek north i cut through limestone channel and to the south on a mid to high tide i cut through the house and beach haven marina. if you do dock up let me know i'll give you more info on how to run it. [email protected] cuts a great deal of time and fuel. the phoenix i wouldn't but the mako def any tide

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
depends i run a 25 grady and cut through the island out of mill creek north i cut through limestone channel and to the south on a mid to high tide i cut through the house and beach haven marina. if you do dock up let me know i'll give you more info on how to run it. [email protected] cuts a great deal of time and fuel. the phoenix i wouldn't but the mako def any tide
Thanks-probably take you up on that. The mako is stayin in waretown. The phoenix will be beach haven west on howard drive. it doesn't draw much for its size-fully loaded is just over 2ft and its has no problem doing 3.5 or so on plane.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Its significantly longer to head out of BI.

Depending on where on the bay you are, theres a no wake zone you may need to pass thru. I am going to guess that the ugly house is the one on the bay at "popular point" with no siding. they just sheathed it and left it like that. some art deco thing. very skinny water to deal with at low tide and much tougher at nite as there is no lighting at all. (no street lights, no houses, nothin). Welcome to the neighborhood.

·
Registered
662 Posts
also along the mainland the commercial crabbers have been setting three separate strings of pots with polypropalene line that you have to avoid. makes running in the dark interesting. Thats why we runn the ICW in the dark. Noo crab pots and better marked

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Those crab pots are getting annouying. Right on both sides of the line I like to run. I go a lot in the dark and prefer the West side...I think the ICW is harder with the turns and no wake areas. I've dropped a waypoint between each bouy on my poltter from Mill Creek through the middle grounds, all the way to the inlet. Never had a problem but the crab pots are a concern.

Espo you fishing the Beach Haven this year? We skipped it last year, will def be in this summer.

Eric

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
that means we will have to leave even earlier to go fishing and with that in mind will a certain person ever make it on time, now that is the question and just think that gives the person 4 wawas to go to and get banana's, plus you know we can always tie the boat up at the marina if you want a straight shot across in the morning

·
Registered
16 Posts
Might not sound like much but it adds up. I used to keep my boat @ Holiday Harbor in Waretown. Just a hop and a skip and you are outside. I live in BHW now and depending on how much you run, the trips back and forth add up. It used to not be a big deal to me, but with the cost of fuel where it's and (and not coming back) it really adds up.
I run between 24-26knt and it takes me 20-25 minutes running north. I burn around 9 gallons running back and forth. Fish 2 days a week from May through November you're talking 504 miles or 288 gallons for me. Buy fuel on the water and best case you are just under a grand for the season.
Just making the point that it adds up. Sucks to have to think of it this way, but when you are working within a budget....you really have too.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Depending on where on the bay you are, theres a no wake zone you may need to pass thru. I am going to guess that the ugly house is the one on the bay at "popular point" with no siding. they just sheathed it and left it like that. some art deco thing. very skinny water to deal with at low tide and much tougher at nite as there is no lighting at all. (no street lights, no houses, nothin). Welcome to the neighborhood.
You got ugly house. It is plywood covered in fiberglass. That is why it is red. I have run it for the last 4 years at night with no problems at all.

·
Registered
261 Posts
yayaginky--- I never thought about the

beach haven. I met some good fishermen by us thru the barn and am sure could get a crew together. where you located?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I'm on Peter Rd...I pass your ride on the way out. My boat is Shark Bait, a 31 pursuit.

The BH is a lot of fun. If you're gonna fish it I would suggest renting a slip by the club. We never made the dinner the first few years-weigh the fish drive the boat home, clean/filet, shower then drive a car over the the club...too late/too tired. The last few years we docked there enjoyed the festivities then drove a car home. Much better.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well beach haven west is out for me...the dock space is just too tight to fit my boat in and out of unless i put out a floating or pilings and back in. dont want to go through the permit process of the BS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.