BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as many of you know there has been a major beach replenishing on the north end of LBI - Harvey Cedars area. As I understand it, talking with a few of the workers on the beach in the late fall, all of the sand pumped on the beach is being sucked off the HC lump. I haven't really thought much about it till now. What do you think, if any, impact is or would be to fishing the lumps? It's always been a nice area to work. From what I was told it wouldn't mess up that area too much but they are pumping a SL of sand out of that area..

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts...:huh:

· Registered
2,558 Posts
in theory it wouldnt affect the lump. b/c the lump is caused by ocean currents that are always there .

only thing that would affect it would be something like a rock solid large object placed into the ocean to disrupt that sand/current flow.

· Registered
30,014 Posts
Hey guys, as many of you know there has been a major beach replenishing on the north end of LBI - Harvey Cedars area. As I understand it, talking with a few of the workers on the beach in the late fall, all of the sand pumped on the beach is being sucked off the HC lump. I haven't really thought much about it till now. What do you think, if any, impact is or would be to fishing the lumps? It's always been a nice area to work. From what I was told it wouldn't mess up that area too much but they are pumping a SL of sand out of that area..

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts...:huh:
They've been taking sand off the lump for several years now. It does get the bass active ;)

· Registered
7,110 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about it. They filled a portion of Stone Harbor earlier in the winter and I would estimate that at least 60% to 70% of the sand they moved is gone and already back outside the inlet. Who knows? Maybe a lump with a hole cut into it will actually help hold fish better for a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.