BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bear 7/19 Report Now with PIC

Well, Three of us headed, all Barn brothers, offshore 3am or so with intent that no way were we going to be able to go. Much to our surprise before we knew it we were 25miles off catching chickens under a floating half full crate of cabbage! Pretty funny.
Had enough of that and continued to the forty fingers. Started fishing about 55 off, trolled out another 5 or so. Landed one decent yellow about 35lbs. Lost a real nice dolphin due to my bad gaff shot. IDIOT of the day award to no other than the captain himself! Seen some scarey looking thunder heads at 11:30 so we decided to run home. All in all beats the hell outta work! Water was 76.5. Decent bait was marked also.

I didn't know it at the time this was my buddies first Yellowfin! He is a Barn member so congradulate him if you'd like!

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Capt John. I don't think it will change much. The storm seems to be a dud comparitively speaking. I am still looking for a spot up this way like you guys have found down there! If / when I do I am naming it :).

·
Registered
689 Posts
holy cow they must have been thick/HA Ha.just kidding don.might be selling my seacraft,the old lady is bitching at me because i just put them new motors on it,i did not tell her yet that i'm going over 30 foot.i made and offer on a 31 jupiter if he takes it .i'm selling the seacraft.really hate to sell that boat .talk to you later.louie

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
congrats on your buddies first tuna, I am hoping that one of these days, we will get to post a report with our first on there!!! Congrats!

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Louis, I think we would have got um better had we stayed. The bait was moving up the column as the day progressed! Not worth a 60 mile snotty ride in a 23' boat even if it is a Regulator :cool: ! As it were the last 20 was NE winds blowing at about 15. We all know that suxs!

I'd love to see the Jupe in the marina! You'd have to name it *******!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts