BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Bear has a 26... My bud has a 29... I have a 23... what do you want to know about the 29?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
29 reg

What do I want to know? Everything. Is there any opinions on the powder coated yet?

·
Registered
288 Posts
BLADE RUNNER said:
What do I want to know? Everything. Is there any opinions on the powder coated yet?
If you can narrow it down a little bit from "Everything", I'll be glad to help out. Don't have the powder coating though.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Powder coating Auminum is very tough to do right. It has to be meticulously done form the start. I don’t know much about the process but some friends that have done it and do it have mixed reviews. However, if your ordering your boat I don’t think the new ones that are powder coated are aluminum. Thinking of the T-top structure…

Having said that, my bracket has been powder coated and is holding up fairly well. However, is showing some wear. The happening when inevitably the aluminum starts to oxidize underneath via exposure to the elements through a tiny chip or scratch. If I redo it I will look at the way Yellowfin does their fuel tanks and use a coal or cold tar epoxy. (Not sure of the process name). That seems to be the ticket and I like what I know of it thus far.

I hope this helps, reach out anytime, I’ll help if I can. Good luck with the ride. That 29 must be a beast.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Blade, I sent you a mail with some links and useful info. If you use the search feature on that site and others you'll find a wealth of info... Be careful and best of luck!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reg

Re-bait,

I am looking and talking, so far the price is a little to steep, but we are working on it. Hopefully, we will have a deal this week. Do you want to buy a 1977 25 Mako?:p

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Blade, I have been real busy. My apologies, I should give you a ring tomorrow, mod to late morning. ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jumping in the thread to pass along a compliment

Bear, It was great to meet you and your Dad at Great Bay Marina last Sunday. Bear is a true Bass Barner and fishing comrade. I'll look forward to running with you Bear. Let me know what's up.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. It is always nice to meet and make new friends. Look forward to seeing familar faces offshore this year...

Blade Runner, I left you a message on your cell. Let me know if you still need info...

Best,

·
Registered
71 Posts
New 34CC

News from the Canyon Runner seminar in Annapolis has Regulator coming out with a 34CC. I don't have any details but from what the reps were saying it sounds like an awesome rig. Don't know how many outboards it will be capable of holding but with Adam's report of his 32 going 53 knots I think the twin 350's should be sufficient. Best of luck this summer and I hope to see some bloddy pics on the Reg's.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Here is Regs 34, that seating makes me gringe.. BUT I am an open boat kinda guy. Maybe smarter folks than I know why they did it this way or maybe the seating is just an option. She looks like a nice boat if they take away that seating. The seating makes it more a tender than a fishing boat IMHO. None the less it seems that in light of some bad press Reg has stepped up their advertising. I hope they have done the same with their customer service. It a reg so I'll bet she'll ride very well! The bracket will give a bunch of stabilty on the drift too..

http://www.comstockyachtsales.com/photo_detail.asp?photo=275087

·
Registered
423 Posts
I spoke with Don from Comstock and he said that the seating is the only option as of now. We are on the same train of thought Bear, why would they take a beautiful open platforn and screw it up with all that seating.

Just my 2 cents but hopefully they will get similar feedback and offer an open option as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Couldnt agree more about the seating. In a perfect world I would have gone with the open setup. However, it comes in handy when the wife wants to go on a sunset cruise with her friends. I can't imagine trying to chace down a slob with the seats in the way....

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Tim, couldn't agree more. The thing I like best about our boats, and CC's in general, is the ability to chase down or slowly back away of a fish during the end game. It really makes it reality for just a few, even a couple, of guys to put a quick end to a good fish. We all have our ways and I suspect Reg will offer a "classic" option for this boat eventually. However, IMHO a CC with that much in the front is more a walk around bow rider than a CC.

Anyways, the Bear is wet and depending when my next son decides to see the light, due May 9. I suspect we'll be dirtying some boxes within a week or so..

Best to all in 08, there's alot on my plate, but when the fishing is great, I'll try to deviate.....:D

Safe trips and tight lines,

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Hmmm I am sure I had read that they did. Maybe that was at user request for a semicustom YF boat. Thanks for the correction though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts