BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't heard much talk about bass being caught around Ocean City lately. I figured I would give you guys a little report. I fished the area on Saturday at a place that was a good producer last spring. Nice day. The sun finally came out in full force around 4:00pm. High tide was around 12:45-1:00pm. I wet my lines around that time. I was skunked with only a slight tap all afternoon, but around 4:30pm a guy and his kid showed up and on the other side of the road, after about 15 minutes or so he pulled one out of hibernation. ( I say that because the kid told me it didn't fight at all. He said it was 34", and I didn't go over and look but from my vantage point it looked like a slot. No real frustration for me though, cause it was nice to witness a catch, even if it was not on my rod. BTW, he caught it off of mackerel, the bait I almost bought, but thought I would be better off with the clam and bloods I had. Tried to get a temp. reading but I don't think it was accurate 'cause I was holding the thermo underwater by hand (49 deg.) So far only one short for me couple of weeks ago that fought like a skate. I remain confident!!!!! I saw only a few baitfish in the tidal creeks of the bank.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
RIGZ u fish from the bank or in a boat.
That was also a good spot for me and my cuz last spring. fishing from a boat while the guys on the bank watched us limit out several times. saw you mentioned sinking in the mud, watch out some of them there creeks are man eaters.
Outgoing tides are a good time to fish the mouth of the feeder creeks. have you tried that and if so had any luck.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going out today. You nailed my idea perfectly for today. I know a place where there is a nice feeder creek, that's where I'll be. I was on the bank. If I can focus myself a little bit, I will get my boat ready for sometime this year. it has been sitting in my backyard since last summer when I got it. plus I have to go up to Long Island and trailer down another that my cousin is giving me. Supposedly nice, but so far away. I have yet to ever fish my limit from the banks, but I was looking for my bonus tags a little while ago and can't find them, so watch- today will probably be the day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts