BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fish this spot? It looks like a great spot considering all the rivers that dump into it. Drag Island is the best lauch spot right?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
MarkHo,
Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard.........

Depending on what type of craft you are launching you might want to stick to Kennedy Park over in Somer's Point...
But yes the Great Egg Harbor Bay area is a great place to fish for all species thru-out the season.
Your have actually three rivers feeding the bay,
Great Egg Harbor,Middle and the Tuckahoe River.
And Patcong Creek to the North...

[ 06-02-2005, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by jrisapirate:
ya YOU DON"T WANT TO FISH THERE.......or behind AVALON....
Huh?

CAPT, im not exactly sure about the Drag Island access, i was going on the NJ listing of launch sites. Drag Island seems to be closer than kennedy if i wanted to get close to the Macnamara Wildlife Reserve. Do i need to go that far?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
you can only launch a yak from drag isle and you can't drive to it any more b/c the bridge is closed. there are no fish there anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how could there be no fish in great egg harbor bay? sounds like your trying to keep a secret.

That stinks about drag island, i guess ill have to deal with kennedy state park. Unless there is another way to get closer to Macnamara wildlife reserve.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
There have been some really strange (interesting)fish cought in that vicinity when h2o temps are on the rise, approaching hot. The types being from waaayyy down south ;) waaayyy down....

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
I fish that area alot this time of year!!
I catch lots flounder and blues.
There is a ramp in Beesleys Pnt..The ride from the ramp in the Tuckahoe River,to the bay,is pretty long.You'll be better off launching in BP.

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Follow the signs for BRIDGE CLOSED on rte 9.Once you get close to ocean city,you'll see the bridge signs!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im coming from ventnor. if i take the signs for the bridge being closed wont i come to a road block or something? I have a kayak so im looking for a good launch point. thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you are looking for access to the McNamara wildlife refuge area, there is a ramp inside the refuge itself and one up the tuckahoe but like Fshlot said, if you are heading to the bay it's a long ride.

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Coming from Ventnor,you would have to take the parkway south to exit 26 or 25,one of them.go right at the exit,then make another right on rte.9 and head towards the Tuckahoe inn,you'll see the bridge signs then.When you get to the Tuckahoe inn,make a right at the road next to it.
10bucks mon-fri,12bucks weekends.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Go from Ventnor south thru Ocean City to 34th Street. Take 34th to rt. 9, Make a right. Go a couple miles to the Tuckahoe Inn, Turn right and go past the inn and there is a ramp and parking lot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts