BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, posting this one hurts, but after 8 years growing my reef, it is finally time to let it go. Too many other hobbies plus work competing for my time so I'm looking for a good home for all my critters. I'll list everything that comes with the system below, but the entire system would cost over $5,400 to build today. I'm looking for $1,200 for the lot and I really don't want to break it up. I am located in Babylon, Long Island and am looking for local pickup only, please. Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

(This photo was from summer '03 prior to pruning the tank because of massive coral growth. For current photos, please click the links below)

Photo #1
Photo #2
Photo #3
Photo #4
Photo #5
Photo #6
Photo #7
Photo #8
Pano-stitch Photo of Reef

</font>
  • Reef Tank System Inventory
    75 Gal Oceanic Reef-Ready Glass Aquarium w/Overflow
    Oceanic Stand (wood with granite gray finish)
    Compact Flourescent Lighting Fixture & Ballast- 4 96 Watt - 48" Hood with (2) 10,000K 96W bulbs and (2) 5,500K 96W bulbs
    20 Gallon Sump drilled for return pumps
    Bionic Chemical Dosing System
    2 Air Pumps to drive dosing system
    Aqua Medic Turboflotor Protein Skimmer and Pump
    (2) MAK IV Pumps
    Mag Supreme 500 Pump
    2 Sea-Swirl Rotating Returns (3/4 inch model)
    Rotating Power Head
    Aqua Logic 1/3 HP Cyclone Chiller with Titanium Drop-in Coil
    25 gallon reservoir & stand for make-up RO/DI water
    7-stage Spectrapure 25 GPD RO/DI System with automatic fill cutoff system
    SpectraPure Liter-meter Dosing System
    PinPoint Digital pH Meter & probe
    300 Watt Heater
    Tripp Lite APS 400 UPS System and Lead Acid Battery
    (2) Programmable X-10 Controllers to time dosing & lighting
    100 lbs (approx) Live Rock
    75 lbs Live Sand
    Cleanup Critters: numerous Astrea snails and hermit crabs, sea cucumber, brittle stars
    Corals: several Frogspawn (Euphyllia) colonies, 2 Pocillopora damicornis heads, 1 Acropora horrida head, 1 Pink Stylophora pistillata (Xlarge), several blue mushrooms, several red mushrooms, several Hydnaphora heads
    Fish: 1 Yellow Tang, 1 Goby, 1 Cleaner Shrimp</font>

[ 01-11-2005, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Tunacious86 ]

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I've tried to price it to move. I know I could get more for it ( a lot more) if I sold it off piecemeal but I would like to see someone keep all my critters together.

Ken

·
Registered
841 Posts
That's defintely a steal,I had a 150 gal reef for approx. ten years and I can't begin to tell you how much time, effort and money that goes into them. unfortunatly you never get back what you have into them.not even close.I sold my whole setup for 1500.Beatiful tank tenacious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts