BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another Fish on..Ya should have bagged work on Fri. 3D and I went to a little spot I know and loaded up on some nice fluke! What a day!!

WHAT?..OK OK Honey, I'm awake. :confused:

The truth is that the wind was blowing at about 15 mph from the NE. Incoming tide provided some action, but conditions got tough with the wind against the outgoing tide. All flatties were shorts except the one plump 18 1/2"er. No junk fish to speak of..one skate in Ships Channel.
We fished the Airport, Boys Club, Rainbow North & South, Parkway Bridge,and Ships Channel with only one spot producing much of anything. Action was better than it has been though.

Go Smartie Jones

·
Registered
256 Posts
It is slow I am telling you. Thursday killed the seabass on the reef. If i cannot find the fluke get the seabass. Oh and one keeper fluke 19inches.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BEAR IT ALL
I am thinling its time to give the ocean a shot. I'm sure the fluke will turn on soon, but I gotta get a little action. Any recommendation on productive spots? I'm out of Great Egg.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Tough conditions for Fluking & when it turned on we lost the tide. It certainly wasn't for a lack of effort Bill did his best to put us on fish.

Thanks again for a fantastic day!

[ 06-07-2004, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: 3D ]

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Saturday and Sunday hit Rainbow channel and the Yaght club with nothing to speak of or with any size. Saturday was wind against the tide, even on a powertroll picked up nothing. A four foot sandshark stole the show Sunday. Saturday the wind was honkin even in the back, didnt even bother to take a look outside or past the bridge it was only worse. Sunday same thing, some back back fishing but the wind did calm down a little. Stuck the nose out of the inlet but made a quick U turn after a couple huge rollers woke us up and we ran for home. Weather was complete ****e all weekend.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Yep thats some tough fishing. I was behind oc as well and we went 1 for 10 . the shorts are real short . the one keeper ate a eel intended for something else

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fishing the spots was blah. My neighbor's brother-in-law tossed a plastic minnow on a jig head off the back dock and instantly landed an 18 incher. Some fisherman's luck, eh? The only way I catch flatties off our dock is IN the crab trap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts