BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about a 3 hour window Friday between 1 and 5pm and wondered where you folks suggest I run to with the time I have. I was thinking shoot down to the turtle for some flukin (shorts I'm sure).

Haven't been out in a few weeks so wanna make the best of it. Any suggestions?

Thks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey fluke hunter,
I was fishing just north of the west wildwood train bridge yesterday mroning. had 3 keepers 17 and 2 18's and 2 throwbacks in 90 minutes. 15 feet of water in the main channel. Went back this morning, and only had 1 throwback. i would give it a shot on your way to turtle. hope you catch um.

·
Registered
18 Posts
wow thats funny almost the same message i was going to post. anyway ill be out there behind ww about 2pm till dark. hopefully it will not be to packed. i will be on a white center, striper on the side good luck. theres always the wharf.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
I WAS IN A 21 SEA HUNT TONIGHT AND IT DIDN'T PRODUCE AND I WAS THE ONLY ONE IN IT MAYBE IT WASN'T THE BOATS FAULT.I'LL BE THERE TOMORROW AM AND PM.I'LL TRY TURTLE AGAIN BUT ON A WHOLE THE FLUKING BEHIND WW STINKS.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have been out there in the same areas the past few days...mainly throwbacks...I'll be out there today ...bring the bug spray the gnats have been BAD...im in a yellow key west 20' CC black T top...

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Green WS Pungo kayak, with blue milkcrate w/ rod holders on back, orange paddle blades. Mostly late afternoons/early evenings. "North" North Wildwood area. Launch 17th Street canal area.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Originally posted by Eric G:
"North" North Wildwood area. Launch 17th Street canal area.
Eric, Thats where I keep my boat...Im on the north side of the canal, about 2/3 out...yellow hull Key West 2020 CC....Ill keep an eye out for You... :D :cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well boys, we worked the railroad bridge Sat. afternoon, right where Insure said, close in north side drifting across the hole. First drift, within 2 minutes I pull in a 22.5" flattie. Then a shortie and then the next drift my buddy brings in a 25 incher. These were nice fat fish. So in about 10 minutes 3 fish, two keepers! Wound up staying there for a few hours, caught quite a few shorts but no more keeps. Thks for the help Insure!

This am we did a little dbay, pulled in some shorts but it was too windy so we went around back and worked the rr bridge and turtle rest of day and brought in 35+ short fluke, no keepers some snapper blues and one nice schoolie striper.

Fellas, on the whole it was a real nice day and a half on the water, beautiful weather and plenty of fluke albeit mostly shorts.

Thks for the help all, and a special shout out to Insure for the good call!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.