BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WENT OUT AT 8AM HEADED UP BEHIND WWW IN AN AREA KNOWN AS THE RIDING AREA.HAS BEEN A DECENT AMOUNT OF SHORTS CAUGHT THERE IN THE LAST WEEK WITH A FEW KEEPERS.MADE A FEW SHORT DRIFTS AND HAD TWO BITES AND A BLUE ON FOR ABOUT 3 SECONDS.THEN NOTHING.WENT TO SCHOONER LIGHTHOUSE AREA AND NEEDED A TICKET TO WAIT YOU TURN TO DRIFT SO I WENT PAST HARRIES FEUL DOCK AND MADE 4 GOOD LONG DRIFTS NEAR THE SOD BANK IN 17FT. OF WATER NOTHING. WENT TO THE FIRST CREEK HAD TO STOP MY WIFE FROM JUMPING IN TO END IT,SHE HAS NOT SEEN A FLOUNDER CAUGHT THIS YEAR OR ON ANY BOAT WE FISH NEAR.HAD SOME PERFECT DRIFTS THERE NOTHING.THE ONLY INTERESTING THING IN THE NARROW CHANNELL THERE WAS TWO BOATS ANCHORED THERE IN THE MIDDLE AND 3 BOATS CHURNED UP MUD GOING AROUND THEM.WENT TO SIXTY FOOT CREEK AND MADE A LONG SLOW DRIFT OUT NOTHING.SAW NO FISH CAUGHT AND TALKED TO ABOUT 8 BOATS THAT HAD NOTHING.ASKED THE FEUL GUY AT SCHOONER WHAT HAS HE HEARD,HE SAID ONE GUY CAUGHT A 15" FISH. IIIITTTT SSSSUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSS

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
ASKED THE FUEL GUY AT SCHOONER WHAT HAS HE HEARD,HE SAID ONE GUY CAUGHT A 15" FISH. IIIITTTT SSSSUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSS
Big, there's no flounder fisherman in Schooner's. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BEAV--I DRANK TWO AND WENT OUTSIDE AND BEGGED FOR CARCASUS OF FIELED FLOUNDERS I COULD BAKE AND PICK.TOMORROW MY GRANDKIDS WANT SHARKS AT LEAST I KNOW WHERE TO GET THEM.

·
Registered
58 Posts
biggest i was up turtle creek today did well. they are definately on the flats. caught all fish in five to eight feet of water.

·
Registered
58 Posts
one more thing to add the fish on the flats there bellies where clean and white. fish caught in deeper water bellies where dirty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did just the opposite for depth.I got 4 keepers and lost another at the boat in 20' to 30'.Minnows,minnows.One good one at 23.75"The snot grass was just aweful as was the cross wind.For some reason I can`t wait to get back.

BB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts