BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came back from Beijing after visiting Beijing International Fishing show.
I had two full days in Beijing and four meetings there while looking around the show.
When I visited last year, I didn't pay much attention to reels, but I spent some time at reel booths and picked up a few conventional jigging reels and spinning reels for testing. I'll post pictures of the Show soon.

---------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
food first before seeing the show. :)

On the first night, we went to a local restaurant. It seems the restaurant is very popular among locals.
As you see in the pictures below, there are live clams, fishes and other creatures in a tank you can choose.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They can choose food from pictures. It is hard to choose because there are too many pictures.:)

On the second night, we went to famous Beijing Da Dong Roast Duck restaurant. But unfortunately I couldn't take pictures because my camera was out of battery.

Here is a site which shows Da Dong.

Da Dong

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I don't know if I am the only person who picked up on this but in the first picture in the bin all the way to right at the top is that Bally-hoo?

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought Beijing International Exhibition Center is the same as Beijing International Convention Center. So I booked a hotel close to Beijing International Convention Center. big mistake. Taxi fare cost about $12 - 15US one way. But good thing was the hotel was super nice for a $100US( discounted price with free upgrade room).

Beijing International Exhibition Center

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't expect to meet Dennis Braid there. Surprisingly Braid Products has a booth there. Dennis is definitely fish hard and work hard. :)

It seems 30kg is a standard for big spinning reels here.
Whenever I touch big spinning reels, max drag of 30 kg is listed. It is no wonder spinning reels importers from China claim max drag of 66 lb (30kg) without testing.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Wow... I could never attend one of these with my AMEX card in my pocket... Too many cool things to buy and try..

I see a lot of familiar looking reels with different names on them.. I guess these are the OEM's of the reels or just another company using the same OEM?

Looked like a great time..

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I see a lot of familiar looking reels with different names on them.. I guess these are the OEM's of the reels or just another company using the same OEM?

Looked like a great time..
I expect more Chinese OEM reels are available in the US as price is low and quality is not bad.
I brought a few jigging reels for testing myself out of curiosity. They look great and drag levers move pretty smoothly even on high drag.

There were many spinning reels available at the show, but this reel caught my attention.

----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Not sure about the ballys Jimbo, however I would like to marry that ribbonfish with a pair of 12'os and drop down 1300' for a fat daytime swordie :)

Tight Lines,

Frank

PS Kil, I sent you an email...we are confirmed for the Dry Tortugas 4 day with Yuri in the Fall. Shoot me back a confirm email you received. Spots will be gone in no time. Jigging big grouper and snapper and popping dorado and blackfin, as well as deep drop with electrics for golden tiles and snowies up to 50#s forty miles west of Fort Jefferson.

Also, headed to Venice next month (March) for 4 days to kill some wahoo and yellowfin around the rigs / canyons. Have room for one more soul if you can make it as well. Three boats, 12 anglers, should be a great time, bayou style :):)

I don't know if I am the only person who picked up on this but in the first picture in the bin all the way to right at the top is that Bally-hoo?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Those do appear to be ballyhoo. In northern Brazil they serve ballyhoo at a lot of the food shacks on the beach. They deep fry them and you eat the whole fish. Definitely not healthy, but they taste pretty good!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.