BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read an article in the gloucester times monday about bells lake in washington twp. is it a private lake or is it open to the public ? if open to the public i'd like to hit it with my kayak. does anyone know? thanks.:huh:

·
Registered
60 Posts
read an article in the gloucester times monday about bells lake in washington twp. is it a private lake or is it open to the public ? if open to the public i'd like to hit it with my kayak. does anyone know? thanks.:huh:
Most definitely private. As a matter of fact, MQ22 just asked them a couple weeks ago about how much it would be just to get a "fisherman's membership" - doesn't want to swim in the pool or anything, just wants to put the boat in the water. No dice. You have to get a full membership.

Its something like 350 for a yearly membership, plus an additional 75 for a boating tag to allow you to put a boat in the water. The good thing is, with that, you are allowed to store the boat on their premises.

I used to fish there when I was a youngin' - use to go fishing all the way in the back by the dam. Used to catch sunnies and small bass. I don't know what's in that lake now-a-days - I hear you can catch some nice bass in there though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I carried my kayak thru the woods from Greentree Rd last spring. Within 30 minutes, I was approached by 2 guys in a rowboat. They asked if I had a membership. When I said no. they politely asked me to leave or they would call the police.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Much too expensive for my budget and it goes to a private org. not to the good of kids or a worth while cause. Sorry folks, not my cup of meat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts