BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for alot of fishermen this is one time shot of getting some of custom plugs from their favorite builders
something new that they might be making or replacing that favorite lure that they might of lost

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
A few years back I was there by 5 a.m. and was 7th in line. At about 6:30 a.m, the late great Gary2 came out to say thank you to everyone who was waiting in line. At #7, Gary told me I would able to purchase a Tiger if I was interested. I still have that Tiger and 3 slims new in their package. I'm not a collector and they will be fished someday soon... when I finally have the balls to do so.

I've been in line at Asbury by 3 a.m in order to get Gary2, Lefty and Fixter plugs. Two of them are now gone from this earth and fishing the best spots know to God. I know there are some really good plug makers out ther today, but I really don't see the purpose to be in line that early these days.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree you mentioned some of the pioneers of plug building and some great guys and fishermen but i can tell you that there are some others that still build today that are well on there way to the same type of status including both RM Smith and Chumbucket that will both be selling their plugs at the berkeley show not to mention another 20 local and top builders on the east coast that day

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
.....Chumbucket that will both be selling their plugs at the berkeley show not to mention another 20 local and top builders on the east coast that day
Chumbucket is an artist 2nd to none out there today. :thumbsup:
The way he used to go about the paint, it was like an artist on a canvas :wave:

If you guys have never heard of him, you're missing out. :(

My only issue is that I feel his plugs are too nice to fish... (for me, that is)
but he fishes em, and they catch some large.:thumbsup:..for him and the other guys that fish em....

There was a time when he wasn't selling his plugs...he would give em out to close friends to fish..

And he was also very generous giving them out for various functions and causes....donating hundreds of hours of his paint time to make these creations that guys would fight and drool over, they were that beautiful, like nothing you had ever seen....:bow:

So if you have never seen what he's now doing, just going to see him alone and get some deals on used plugs at other tables would be well worth the price of admission....

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chumbucket is an artist 2nd to none out there today. :thumbsup:
The way he used to go about the paint, it was like an artist on a canvas :wave:

If you guys have never heard of him, you're missing out. :(

My only issue is that I feel his plugs are too nice to fish... (for me, that is)
but he fishes em, and they catch some large.:thumbsup:..for him and the other guys that fish em....

There was a time when he wasn't selling his plugs...he would give em out to close friends to fish..

And he was also very generous giving them out for various functions and causes....donating hundreds of hours of his paint time to make these creations that guys would fight and drool over, they were that beautiful, like nothing you had ever seen....:bow:

So if you have never seen what he's now doing, just going to see him alone and get some deals on used plugs at other tables would be well worth the price of admission....

saw chum the other day
and he is busy working on some plugs and also some specials for 2012 that he will have available for sale on sunday

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys,new here, but i ve been lurking for years. my ears always perk up when i hear about wood metal lip swimmers. IMO u gotta check out BigRock's stuff at the shows. i've known him for years and think his stuff is some of the best around, this coming from someone who fishes Lefty's just about every time i'm on the beach. his plugs actually outfished a Lefty a few times down there

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey guys,new here, but i ve been lurking for years. my ears always perk up when i hear about wood metal lip swimmers. IMO u gotta check out BigRock's stuff at the shows. i've known him for years and think his stuff is some of the best around, this coming from someone who fishes Lefty's just about every time i'm on the beach. his plugs actually outfished a Lefty a few times down there

russ will have his new bigrock plugs for the season for sale at the flea market also

·
Registered
7 Posts
i saw some of the new size ones w/out paint the other day in his basement-sweet, i would fishem like that. got my order in even tho hes tuff to get ahold of now( prolly epoxied himself to the bench again:))

1 - 18 of 18 Posts