BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of use got the free Brekley Gulp Nightcrawlers.How would rig them for the spring stripers? I think they will work great if rigged right and possible save on the real think.. ;)

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

[ 02-17-2004, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Might be this year expensive "bloodworm" alternative.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Strikes thanks for the photo, thats them bad boys. Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of the jig head myself but Far I like the bucktail idea. I'm eager to see how they work.
Not to much longer!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys thanks for the input, Strikes thanks for the photo, thats them bad boys. ;) Using the jigheads was what I was thinking but Far I like your idea of the bucktail...
Shortly we will be able to put to the test. Come on spring.. :D

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Mine came in the Natural color but I figure they will work on a bucktail. It won't be long to find out if they work.

Interested to see the results.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'll be trying them for the kingies. 8 dollars for a dozen small bloodworms is getting old. Will not mention the baitshop in Sea Isle ;)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thanks for the info just ordered mine,also bought a pack of Blk/Rd/flk.When you squeeze them stuff moves inside,pretty wild.Plan on trying weightless,can't wait for my 2am trips to start.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fishwrangeler
your right about the price's of bloodworm's, but don't blame the baitshop! i worked up until two years ago for a bait supplier out of spring lake nj, we sold most of the bait that bait shops have. the problem is the worm diggers union in main, they have gone on strike many times in the past 10 years and the outcome has sent the price of bloodworm's through the roof. it use to be 42 dollars a flat of worms, 144 to a flat, now its close to 90 dollars, wholesale. then they are flown down to jersey and picked up at newark airport then distributed to all the baitshops up and down the coast. if the digger's don't have forsight they will be digging their job's into a grave. all the baitshop's are screaming and threatening to stop selling blood's. also you should know that the spoilage that the shop owner's have to eat, worm's go bad overnight sometimes especially sandworm's and these guys might buy 10 flats and only sell 3, and they don't get their money back either, it's alot easier to sell frozen bait or lure's.try small pieces of clam for those delicious kingfish ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anybody know where in south jersey you can buy the Gulp 6 inch nightcrawler in natural color? I think I tried all the usual suspects in Atlantic County with no luck.(Wmart, K-mart, Dicks, Bloaters World and even Absecon Bay didn't carry them and G-Dave carries everything!)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Found mine at Wal-mart in Belin.Had red and some dark colors left,looks like they were selling good.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Paul, just picked some up at Cabelas today. We can give them a try at the DOD soon. Let me know your day off so we can plan. BTW, if you out fish me again it'll be your last trip!! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts