BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone use them and have success? i was thinking of giving them a try, it just seems what I have read seems too good to be true.
If you have used them, what have you used. the crab the shrimp ect? I fish the backbays of wildwood, and was wondering if these baits will really outfish my minnies, and squid combo

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I got a few crabs they looked so good I wanted to take a bite. Last fall I was hitting my striper spot in the lower bay and every striper I picked up was loaded with crabs that looked just like the gulp ones. I am going to rig a few and give um a chuck and see what happens...... I guess it cant hurt.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I tried yesterday and didn't get a bite, but I also had real bloods & didn't get a bite. I'm going to continue to use them along with the real thing. I'll be posting my results.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Here Are A Couple of Bass Taken On Berkley
SandWorms.. From What I Hear They Work Very
Well.. Photo Courtesy of:pop-Pop/Capt.Larry,
Thanks,,,
--------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
How well do they hold up against nibblers like perch, etc? Are they chewed down to nothing in an instant like the real stuff or are they a little tougher?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
San-Man,
Based On My Experience With Them,The Little Fish
Most Likley Will Not Due Any Damage To Them.
They are well made,unless a Bluefish decides
to grab them.

·
Registered
782 Posts
San-man they work and they are much tougher, they are elastic, whereas the real thing tends to break off. Caught some shorty stripers last summer behind wildwood on them. Good to have in the bag as a backup. Maybe even as a primary if blood prices keep going up. Although I never understood why up in Raritan Bay area you get sandworms and down in Cape May everybody uses bloodworms. The sands are much cheaper and they both catch.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Customers fishing the Norma-K in North Jersey have said the blusih Berkley Gulp crabs have been doing just a good as real thing on Tog.

Try it???

Just remenber with all the Gulp baits, once you use it, transfer the "used" bait to another zip-lock bag or some kingd of separate jar instead of the orginal Gulp bag, the "used" baits will "react" with the un-used baits in the orginal Gulp bag and render them useless. Wierd quirk in the Gulp baits. See instructions on the back-side of the bags.

FYI - "Gulp" saltwater baits are different bait/scent formulations than saltwater "Powerbaits."

[ 03-30-2005, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Eric G ]

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I just picked up a pack of the bloddy sandworms tonight for my trip friday.I will post a report on how I do.I will be at GP or at the inlet at the end of a long road.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
BTW I will be using fresh clam too.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
They have herring as well looks good might give that a go around as well

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Not for nothing,but those Gulp crabs are a bit pricey.6.29 for 5 fake shedders.I know they will work,but they are almost as much as the real thing.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I got mine Tip's hardware in Westcreek they only had two bags left.

[ 04-14-2005, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: wentfishn47 ]

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I got them at Tips b/c I was right in the area plus I don't think Scotty's will be open at 3:00 in the morning.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Originally posted by wentfishn47:
I got them at Tips b/c I was right in the area plus I don't think Scotty's will be open at 3:00 in the morning.
Sorry I didn't mean anything by it, StripedFever asked if Scotts had them. I said they do, then you come back and say tips has then too. So I just pointed out that Scotts is a sponsor and Tips isn't didn't mean to offend just tring to push StripedFevers business to those who support are activity here.

Again sorry if this bothered you, no harm meant. I wasn't trying to tell you where to shop.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts