BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any success with the berkley gulp blood worms? IM sure that nothing works better than a real worm but I saw them at Dicks Sporting goods the other day and figured why not and try them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
picked up 4 packs today sand worm(bloody flavor). going to give them a shot this week scince most bait shops arent getting any worms till friday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,448 Posts
I think the gulps and fishbites work just as good as the real thing. Gulps have more life like action and look. Fishbites are easier to care for and store.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
just read the package i know the fishbite blood worms work better than the gulp for a fact but some of them are ineffective in water temps under 65 degrees. Fish bite does make cold water artificial baits but i'm not certain they have the blood worm scent yet.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,837 Posts
I use the sandworm model all the time for fluke. This past yr w/ the weakfish coming back I used the same worms for them and have in the past w/ great results. I use a nightcrawler harness on the worms. They are not stainless but they don't last long anyway. Pick up the 3 hook design and hook the worm at different points down its lenght, you can prevent shortstrikes quickly.
Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,651 Posts
I feel The Berkley Gulp Blood worm and Sandworms work great. I got Kingfish and Croakers with them at Island Beach this past year and in NWW as well.

GSBB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,175 Posts
The GULP definately works, do not confuse the Gupl Baits with Power Baits. They even just came out with a clam in 2", 3" and 4". I've got them all in stock and there is a really worthwhile rebate that will get you $5 back for every $10 you spend.

For you die hard live bait guys I do have plenty of live bloodworms in stock and I just got a load of fresh surf clams. I'll be open every day from 7 am to 5 pm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,107 Posts
Originally posted by LOST A ROD:
TRY FISHBITES IN BLOODWORM THEY WORK WHEN FISH ARE HERE
MAKE sure that they are for cold water most fish bites are for water temps at 65 and over!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,107 Posts
Originally posted by Guatemala Dave:
The GULP definately works, do not confuse the Gupl Baits with Power Baits. They even just came out with a clam in 2", 3" and 4". I've got them all in stock and there is a really worthwhile rebate that will get you $5 back for every $10 you spend.

For you die hard live bait guys I do have plenty of live bloodworms in stock and I just got a load of fresh surf clams. I'll be open every day from 7 am to 5 pm.
Dave it was nice meeting you and your partner today.

You have the most impressive Gulp selection I have ever seen. I was shocked to see the clams and sand fleas in gulp form as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
Hope it works, its what ill be using this saturday. i know all other berkely products work. The bloodworms should work good for the stripers and flounder this spring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,766 Posts
Gulp bloodworms did great for flounder last year and we will expand our use to other species this year. So far only think Gulp is effective for bottom fishing, not stripers. Any other opinions out there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,736 Posts
Gulp bloodworms, used them last year as an experiment off the beach. Set up the worms on a high low rig and left it out there what felt like all day, nothing. I'll be trying the fish bites this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,448 Posts
Originally posted by roadkill:
Gulp bloodworms did great for flounder last year and we will expand our use to other species this year. So far only think Gulp is effective for bottom fishing, not stripers. Any other opinions out there?
Didn't use them much for bass, I usually plug for them. Did use them alot for weaks, which I think are more bait sensitive. They worked great. Tipped bucktails with them mostly. I'm not one for just cast it out and let it sit fishing. Shrimp and cut bait also out produced bait in the summer for fluke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,123 Posts
Originally posted by Bob ECT:
I think the gulps and fishbites work just as good as the real thing. Gulps have more life like action and look. Fishbites are easier to care for and store.
I was reading the packs on them and one said for best results it should be used above..I forget waht degrees the other said nothing can you quote me on this which is which?Thanks :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,448 Posts
Fishbites makes several types of baits in both the warmer water version and coldwater (water of 60 and below) version. They'll work in any water, the coldwater version is made to dissolve a little faster for cooler water.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top