BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on a little mission today to find some Berkley Baits,I found most places sold out or some ridiculous prices for the cut baits in Gulp Bloodworm & Mackeral Flavors and Big Minnows.
I bought the last pack of Gulp New Penny 2" Peelers at one place and what I really wanted the PowerBait 10" Eels in Pearl Olive Shad & Greeny.

How They Look ? Pretty Life Like Huh ?

The proof ofcourse is when I rig them up and drift them on the bottom while kayaking or jigging them off a bridge somewhere this fall.

Will See.........

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Power Bait isn't GULP but it is very good, personally until this whole situation sorts out and we find out just how good the GULP really is and what shapes and flavors are comming in the future I will be very warry about stocking any other lures or soft baits.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thanks for the preview. They look better than the real thing and you won't need a towel to hold them. I see some sliegh rides in your future. Good luck during the fall run!

·
Registered
185 Posts
G. Dave is correct. Power bait and gulps are scented differently. They have those eels out for some time, just hoping that they got the slat water scent like those new gulp do. man, so far so good on them in the salt.

How would you rig that eel? curious minds want to know.

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
"I found most places sold out or some ridiculous prices for the cut baits in Gulp Bloodworm & Mackeral Flavors and Big Minnows."

AMEN on the price thing. My eyes popped out at the price of the gulp strip baits.

I hope somebdoy comes up with a good eel that works for the salt. Let us know, Strikes. Eels may be very hard tocome by in a year or so.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by egghead:

I hope somebdoy comes up with a good eel that works for the salt. Let us know, Strikes. Eels may be very hard tocome by in a year or so.
You Bet Mike,,
I will be giving them a hard test come Rock-Tober.
And I am thinking the eel shortage might be a little sooner,but coming nun-the-less...

[ 08-29-2005, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Isnt it a riot how whenever a bait starts to produce the price doubles......berkley gulps work, no doubt I have used them with positive results. I used the 3" shrimp in white the other night and one caught 8 weakies before I had to change it. Not bad...but the pricing is going in the same direction as bloodworms ....UP oh well that is the nature of the business I guess

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
It is the law of supply and demand!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found some nice GULP! Pearl White Paddle Tails
the other day..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts