BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's the best 30' to 32' diesel express for under $100K. Looking for opinions on high quality rigs like Pursuit, Blackfin etc. Will be used mostly to fish offshore for shark and tuna with some wreck/bottom fishing. Must have overnight accommodations for more than two.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
MY 33 EXPRESS I WANT TO SELL!!

PERFECT FOR YOU!!

Wanna buy it!! no joke! got to off it!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Lushes Too said:
What's the best 30' to 32' express for under $100K. Looking for opinions on high quality rigs like Pursuit, Blackfin etc. Will be used mostly to fish offshore for shark and tuna with some wreck/bottom fishing. Must have overnight accommodations for more than two.
You can find Albemarles and Carolina Classics from the mid to late 1990's under/around 100k with diesels.

Awesome boats.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
I can not give me boat away .lol

I got to post it up here with some pics i guess!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sportfishingusa said:
MY 33 EXPRESS I WANT TO SELL!!

PERFECT FOR YOU!!

Wanna buy it!! no joke! got to off it!

Man that didn't take you but a minute to reply. You already sent me info on your boat. What's the story on the boat? How long have you owned it? Is it listed with a broker?

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
It is not listed with a broker.. Dont like the way they handle the sales...

I have had it for 3 years now... Bought it with 200 hours on it and now it has 250-270 hours on the motors!

The boat is awesome!

no joke i would not BS

·
Registered
377 Posts
30-32 Express

I would look for a high quality, clean hull that has been repowered with newer motors. I have a 32" hattteras express repowered with 370 Volvos. It is a great, well designed, good looking rig but hard to find. They only made 40 from 1983 to 1987. Then they came with 3208 Cats which I would avoid only because of age and older technology. A guy from Heritage towers bought one in Cape May and just painted and repowered it and put a new tower on it. He had pictures of it at AC boat show and it looked great. I haven't seen any others around.

My friend has an 88 black fin express repowered with 330 Cummins. I have been offshore with him a few times on overnighters and boat is great. It is alot easier to find a repowered black fin also. I would also recommend a repowered Topaz. You just have to keep looking until you find the right boat with motors you like but they are out there.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
As was said, Albie, Carolina Clas, I would look at some BlackFins as well. Give Brian(Stickem) at South Jersey Yachts a call. He is very knowledgable especially in boats this size. He showed us a couple of boats last year.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big Jay said:
You can find Albemarles and Carolina Classics from the mid to late 1990's under/around 100k with diesels.

Awesome boats.
The Albemarle and the Carolina Classic's are definitely awesome boats. I checked Yachtworld and all of the Classic 32's are well over 200K. I like the layout of the 2000 and up Albemarle's but most of them have Cat 3116's and are over 150K. Basically out of my price range.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Lushes Too said:
The Albemarle and the Carolina Classic's are definitely awesome boats. I checked Yachtworld and all of the Classic 32's are well over 200K. I like the layout of the 2000 and up Albemarle's but most of them have Cat 3116's and are over 150K. Basically out of my price range.
So go smaller. The 27' Albemarle was a great boat! Snap rolls a bit on the drift but with diesels sips fuel. Carolina Classic is a hair better i would say, 28' has less snap roll even though its the same boat.

I came across a 1996 305 Albermarle with twin diesels for like $95k i'll look for the boat again.

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
I will say as far as ride goes...the Albemarle is one hell of a boat! We have/had a 27' express with twin 350 mercruisers....wasn't too bad on fuel and was rather fast for that size rig topping out around 36knts....nice cruise through any reasonable sea at 26-28knts....

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I got one for you. my 2000 Wellcraft 290 Coastal. Plenty of added equipment and modifications to make it more of a fishing machine. 2006 250 Etecs with under 300 hours. 2006 Northstar 6000i chartplotter/1kw sounder/4kw 48"open array Radar. A second fishfinder, windless, remote spot light, Auto Tab system on the trim tabs. two battery bank just for motors. 2 8d battery bank for the house. Solar charging system, shore power and chargers from the motors, LED helm lights for night running, 12 volt plug in transom for Hydroglow light. I am in the middle of having the Livewell and Fresh water sink removed for more cockpit room. Last year I had the front and both sides of the enclosure redone with EZ2CY. I had the seatbacks and the coming pads reupholstered. New Tackle centers added in the seat backs where the stuff was removed from. There is more, I just can't remember

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Blackfins are great rides. Fast, built well, very deep vee which makes for running good in a rough sea, also a older 31 bertram would be a good choice as long as its diesel powered. They are almost identical hulls. Both good choices. The albermarle and carolina are also good choices. I would personally go with the baby bert.:D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Are you dead set on inboards or are outboards and option? You may have to look in the 28' range to make it fit in your price range. Like the guys said a 28' albie would probably get you where you need to be.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Capital Gain - Blackfin's and Topaz's are on the top of my list. I would love to find one newly repowered.

Big Jay - going smaller is not an option. I need more accomadations for overnighting. The 305 Albemarle is a possible option. The only problem is most have Cats 3116. Not to sure about those motors.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys thanks for the responses.

I am looking for a diesel powered boat. No more outboards for me.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
How about a 30' Chris Craft Tournament - then repower it with diesels With some money - Ive heard they are great with everything you are looking for!:D :D :rolleyes: . I have seen bare bones hulls for sale.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Hey lushes,

Take a ride to forked river and come check out my express.. If it is not something you are happy with i would be very very very surprised..

It is an egg harbor 33 hull with a pace top side!

I am not joking when say sweet ride with all the goodies cheap!

I got 2x the value of the boat into it.

I have re done all the plumbing.. i put a fuel consumption system in there so they draw like no extra fuel! full galley all overnight accomodations. Air conditioning.. Tackle station! HUGE COCKPIT!

the boat is sweet just want to upgrade and it has BRAND NEW YANMAR DIESELS LIKE YOU WANT!!

Trust me you will fall in love!

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Oh....

And If You Dont Fall In Love I Will Buy You Lunch!!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
what you upgrading to sport? good luck with this boat sounds awesome

1 - 20 of 86 Posts