BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well have to say yesterday was my best day of fluking ..EVER. Headed out of Barnegat Inlet at 5:30am, headed north to the old coast guard station on IBSP 37 feet of water. Used spearing/squid combo . We started nailing fluke some shorts and some nice size 18,19 inches. Then all of a sudden BAM pulled in a 27inch 6.89lb doormat I couldn't believe I never saw a fluke that big ever( except in pictures). Then 10 minuts later BAM again 23 in 4.7lb'er. Brother AL couldn't believe it..we limited out and headed back home...

Scarface

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Nice report Scarface - the ocean is definitely producing some real nice fish and congrats on your life time best - I got mine as well on Sat and even 5lber, not a monster but finally got over the 5 lb mark.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Deep Pockets can't wait to hit it again next weekend...and congarts on your 5lb'er

Scarface

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Scarface - I was planning on going out of Barnelgat Inlet on friday but the wife had to have a baby that day. :rolleyes: 8lb 13oz boy, our third.

Nice going on the catch.

How is that inlet to run out of? I have heard some stories that it isn't any great shakes?? Inlet sticks out pretty far, under water the last half of the way, angles inlet, etc....

Thanks - Rocco

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Scarface Nice fish. Congrats.

Insanity Sounds like a keeper. Hope mother & child are both well. Ron

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Thanks Scarface - I've caught a decent amount of 4's but never over 5 so thanks.

Congrats Insanity on a nice keeper, congrats to you and the Mrs, now its time for a bigger boat

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Insanity,

Congrats on your baby, hope all are doing well.

The inlet can get s little nuts at times and I have a small boat, 19ft CC. like every traffic venue, you have to be careful and very aware of who is around you. There are some ignorant people out there that just don't have a clue.
There is a rockpile of the left going out, but if you give yourself plenty of room you'll be fine, if you have never gone out,just follow the markers.

Scarface

1 - 8 of 8 Posts