BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok hunting over for me just about . anyway which book did you find the most useful info for catching flounder in our water conditions . not up north or down south but our areas. also striper. were talking habits ,food, structure , . everything so when im done reading i can argue with the best of them.oh also illustrations of rigs n knots and floats n everything

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Zeno's books are good, if you can read them without a fire being lit under your a$$ to try something new then you have no business reading anything.

I think Don Kamienski (sp?) has a flounder book out there, I've read it, but you shouldn't be looking for a book that spells out everything in your water conditions. Same with the internet and everything else you read, you should not be looking for those magic paragraphs which relate exactly to your spots. The fish don't change when they cross boundaries, it is all about what you pull from what you read. They are the same fish, pull what you can apply to the areas you fish and how you fish them..

I like to read, and if I read a book and I take a single thing from it that I can apply to make something I do in my own waters more effective then I am happy. I am over the "how to" books. They are boring. A Season on the Edge is my kind of book, it's an actual read that you can pull some info from. I don't need some dude with a typewriter telling he exactly how I should be doing something, that is weak sauce...

I can lend you Don's book, shoot me an email..

RyanF

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
YOU DON'T NEED A BOOK, just copy all of CHUNKINGS notes and organize them, IF you can't catch fluke after following his advice you should sell your equipment and take up a new sport
You will not find the detail that he provides in any books that I've ever read

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
never said i couldnt catch the easiest fish to catch even a caveman can catch them.i just wanted something to read up ok. i know how to fish quite well actually. sometimes you can pick up a tip or too.thanx you.lol i guess u guys never read articles or chunkings threads than rite ? same diff.lol

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
never said i couldnt catch the easiest fish to catch even a caveman can catch them.i just wanted something to read up ok. i know how to fish quite well actually. sometimes you can pick up a tip or too.thanx you.lol i guess u guys never read articles or chunkings threads than rite ? same diff.lol
Chill out bud

RyanF

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Fluke: An Angler’s Guide
by Bob Sampson

That is actually the book I have. Been years since I opened it. If you want to give it a read and then mail it back to me, I have no problem sending it out to you...

Just please return it - I have a feeling that the last guy I sent books to forgot all about returning them. And two of my favorites were included!!

RyanF​

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.