BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can go the AC Boat show or the Greater Philly Outdoor Show, both in February.

Anybody have experience with either? I am looking for some nice plugs, lures, etc. I looked at the exhibitor list, but curious about any impressions/preferences?

I got my favorite Chaos rod from the AC show about 10 years ago, so I'm leaning towards that, but I haven't been since.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you're looking for plugs, these 2 shows have had some of the best builders in recent years ;). I'm sure someone else will chime in with other shows.

Feb. 25,2012
Jersey Shore Surfcasters' Surf Day
Event Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Admission: $10
Address: 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738-1599

Mar. 4 2012
Berkeley Striper Club 17th Annual Fisherman's Flea Market
Event Time(s): 9am - 2 pm
Admission: $3
Address: 1200 Bay Boulevard, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
If you're looking for plugs, these 2 shows have had some of the best builders in recent years ;). I'm sure someone else will chime in with other shows.

Feb. 25,2012
Jersey Shore Surfcasters' Surf Day
Event Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Admission: $10
Address: 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738-1599

Mar. 4 2012
Berkeley Striper Club 17th Annual Fisherman's Flea Market
Event Time(s): 9am - 2 pm
Admission: $3
Address: 1200 Bay Boulevard, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751
if your looking for plugs...these are the 2 to go to.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are you looking for any particular plug builder ?
No I'm not. I am just looking to fill out my bag with some pieces you can't find on the shelf, so to speak. Don't really know what I am looking for, but I would like to grab some needles. I'm still relatively new to this (<2 years), so I guess I am still in a "discovery" phase with plugs and lures. I am in Delaware so North Jersey might be a hike for me. I'm going to check out the DelVal anglers one on the 21st, that looks promising.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Murph there will be plug builders at the Delaware Valley surf show Ron Muccie and striper bites to name a couple.I talked to sport fishn outlet and he said he just got a load of super strikes that he will have on hand.
JK

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Murph there will be plug builders at the Delaware Valley surf show Ron Muccie and striper bites to name a couple.I talked to sport fishn outlet and he said he just got a load of super strikes that he will have on hand.
JK
Sounds good I will definitely be there, Horsham/Springhouse is my hometown so it will be a great reason to go back. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
you might want to try some of the fishing flea markets that are in south jersey The best one is in Palmyra on feb 12. The are a lot of great deals on new used tackle plus rigs hooks etc.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey Slammer,
Where in Palmyra is the fishing flea market on Feb 12 ? What time does it begin ? Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Palmyra Fire Department
Type of Event: Fishing Flea Market
Event Date(s): 2/12/2012
Event Time(s): 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Admission: $3.00
Address: 100 West Charles Street
Palmyra, NJ 08065

New and Used Tackle.
Early Admisstion $10. Rain, Snow, or Shine.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I think you need to add the Asbury Show to your list as already mentioned. Berkeley and Asbury have always been the talk down this way.

Another good one is The Saltwater Expo in March. Its 90% saltwater related, not much of the BS vendors with pickles and slippers. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts