BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is looking to buy an Ocean Kayak....not certain which model but does anyone have any suggestions of where they found the best price for a new Ocean Kayak?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
We dont sell that brand but our best seller with kids is the olde towne Cricket at $320. And it continues to be the best seller after 18 years. How old is he and what does he plan on doing with it?

CRICKETS

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have mentioned in my first post that he is 19 and 6' 5" so I know that he wants a good sized kayak that offers some room and decent stability. I was thinkg the Big Game Prowler or something along those lines. He wants it to cruise the backwater. I am unfamiliar with other brands/models.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Ok, I was thinking he was a youngster. Someone that tall needs to be concerned with legroom and he will want a dry seat if fishing or yaking in cool weather. He should go around and demo different yaks and when he finds the one he likes the best then shop price. I have the 12-6 Cobra navigators on sale right now for $500 with a hatch installed. That does not include the seat or paddle but it is about $250 off the list price.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I've bought 3 kayaks from Ocean City watersports right on 34 st in OC. If you go soon you may get a springtime sale. He also sometimes has consignments or leftovers. Also flip through the Barnsale or craiglist for used ones. Those things are so indestructable that 9/10 used kayaks will be in fine shape. Trouble comes with the accessories, they add a lot. You will need a life jacket, a seat or seat back, and decent paddle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have to second STERLING HARBOR. not only do they sell ocean kayaks but they are the best tackle shop i have ever been to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts