BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to head out for my first yak trip of 06. I had $21 worth of scented rubber lures on the kitchen counter. Went outside to load my yak in the truck as it was getting dark. Came back in and found my beagle had eaten all three packs of anchovie,shrimp,and minnow flavored rubber. So I fished behinf A.C. with unscented storms. Lots of bait, nice night,no bass.
Barrell

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oh my God!
Might want to call the vet and/or the Lure Mfr. to ask about toxicity. Those dogs!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
He couldnt be that fat if he jumped up to the counter to get the packages!!! LOL....I once had a beagle eat 4 lbs of dog bones that she managed to get out of a cabinet....she slept for a week after that... :eek: if its there they will eat it.....

[ 03-07-2006, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: med ]

·
Registered
169 Posts
my beagle has eaten:
pair of brand new shoes (1)
entire box of chocolate
money
rat poison (almost killed him)
cat poop on a regular basis

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by meat:
my beagle has eaten:
pair of brand new shoes (1)
entire box of chocolate
money
rat poison (almost killed him)
cat poop on a regular basis
If I get a beagle maybe I can save money on cat litter. :D

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
we have been waiting to see if anything my beagle eats will phase him...so far nothing has.
His latest feat was Raw Chicken Breasts with the bone in. Didn't skip a beat.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've got mine on a diet and he's starting to thin down,but he don't like it a bit!!He sits and stares at the refridge,brings me his bowl and has been downright testy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You need to try & deal with a bichon, who the other half has spoiled rotten. I can't leave anything that remotely looks like or smells like food laying around. That dog has eaten underwear, socks, belts (the kind for cars), rubber worms, fishing gloves & just about anything else you can think of. I have threatened to start to put hooks in everthing, then I tried to put on underwear in the dark & grabbed the wrong pair.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My dog ate entire box of fannie may candies (chocolates), didn't do a thing to him!! The other day my dauchshund ate chiken wings, bones and everything. She knocked over kitchen trash can while we were downstairs watching t.v. and she is a little thing.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Glad to see it's not just mine eating everything is sight. Her latest was a whole stick of butter last night. Man I can't wait to get home tonite and do land mine patrol in the yard :(

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Came back in and found my beagle had eaten all three packs of anchovie,shrimp,and minnow flavored rubber.
Sounds like the only thing to do is set the little guy up behind the boat in a little raft with a bowl of water and couple of rawhides and wait for the digestive process to run it's course. A little fur bearing gastro-intestinal automatic chum pot :D

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Just saw this on another fishing site:

"True story.

Went to Bass Pro Shops on Saturday and bought a new Ambasssadeur "Record" reel to use for pike and stripers. I took it out of the box and placed it on my dining room table. I came home yesterday to learn that my black lab Koho (the hockey company not the salmon), had grabbed the reel from the table and chewed the rubber knobs off!

Anybody want a black lab?"

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
When my kids were younger we had a beagle. We had a bowl of fruit on the kitchen table. We came home several times to find an apple core, perfectly eaten, on the table...my wife yelled at the kids and told them to throw out the core after they were done eating...this happened several times...my son was taking the heat as this was his style at the time...this continued through about 7 or 8 apples...then we came home one day to find "Ralphie" laying on the table holding a half eaten apple between his paws....he would eat the apple around the core exactly as you or I would, then left the core on the table....now anytime my now grown kids are accused of something that they didnt do they bring up this story....LOL... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by aj bruno:
beagles rock! Mom has 3, they are cool dogs!
My mom has one... and thats all I can take... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!! Drives me nuts... her name is Midge and I call her nudge.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think it must be a hound thing.

I have a blood hound and she ate a package of the Gulp sand worms three days ago. I found them in the yard yesterday
She has also eaten a half a bottle of Centrum vitamins, chewed my cell phone, two packages of coco mix (dry mind you), and the insides of a microwavable (mostly rice and buck wheat) heating pack. She smelled for days after the last one.

Blood hounds are very much like beagles?.just taller so they can get at more stuff. Plus they have all of those wrinkles so you can never tell exactly what is in their mouth

1 - 20 of 40 Posts