BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine said some of the ling boats have seen 200lb bft off jersay ,looking for confermation as i have a buddy thats still in and id take a look up north wish a confermation ,not just a heard from a friend????:huh:

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
These fish are being spotted every day still! Its not a rumor. Speaking to charter captains, customers still fishing, there is no doubt there are still tuna out there. Its sick!!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Good luck finding someone on this site that's gonna go out to the ledge I think there is one guy with a cc that goes out an tile fishes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Blue fin still around

:) spoke with captain Artie of the fin tas tic out of point and confirmed that plenty of them still around but jig and troll to no avail !!!! Water still warm and judging the reports nc trip at the end of this month doesn't look good :huh: 2 trips back to back are locked in hope water temps drop to get them movin and hungry ..... Fish on my friends !!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
:) spoke with captain Artie of the fin tas tic out of point and confirmed that plenty of them still around but jig and troll to no avail !!!! Water still warm and judging the reports nc trip at the end of this month doesn't look good :huh: 2 trips back to back are locked in hope water temps drop to get them movin and hungry ..... Fish on my friends !!!!!
Fish are in Hatteras, NC as i just got back. The troll bite is good and the jigging bite will be good in a of matter of days.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Read the reports of va with the warmer water i dont think there goin to be a good showing in nc this year ,but considering im from north jersay i was hopeing they were in the mud hole or closer,or thats what i have been told ,i heard of sightings but no landings

·
Registered
46 Posts
There have been verified reports of fish being caught in Rhode Island the past couple weeks. Close to the beach as the herring trawlers are inside state 3 mile zone!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I heard a very interesting first hand story from up north that is making it very difficult for me not to get in a car and go. Seems like they are to our north and south, they must be here!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
If I were fishing for them right now in our area, I would use poppers and sliders. You still may not catch them but your best shot is finding fish feeding and hope to fool one of them. I know that some guys have live lined them in December, but I still say poppers n sliders are best bet if your looking to get lucky. Plenty of herring out there, so pinks, blues, purples, etc... Just my thoughts. :)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Fish are still there have been seeing them up top and on the screen on almost every trip. Pain in the :eek: to hook. If you can get your hands on some live mackerel or herring and you can get a shot to liveline them around some bluefins might produce a bite.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts