BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, if you haven't heard the Beach Haven Marlin and Tuna club is having it's 7th annnual fall striper contest OPEN to all comers...
It costs $125 to get in and we have a great payout (based on 20 boats).
The Long Beach Island Cup Striped Bass Invitational fishing tournament will be held this Saturday,
November 19th. This tournament will be open to any boat and crew, who wishes to participate, it will be
hosted by the Beach Haven Marlin and Tuna Club.

The winner of the prestigious LBI Cup trophy will be the boat with the two heaviest striped bass?cash prizes totaling two thousand dollars will also be awarded for first, second, and third places. Also, Yuengling Brewery the tournament?s official sponsor will be giving away additional door prizes at the awards presentation.

The tournament will include 11 hours of fishing beginning at 4am and ending by 3pm?with an official weigh-in and awards presentation to follow at the club house. The cost is $125 per boat (includes food and beverages.) The captains meeting will be held on Friday, November 18th starting at 7pm at the Beach Haven Marlin and Tuna Club located in Beach Haven, NJ (next to Morrisons Marina at the end of Pennsylvania Ave.) Interested participants can go to www.bhmtc.com to check out the official tournament flier to get more detailed information.

For those who have never been to the club, you can get there by boat It's just North of Morrison's or by car Take 3rd street in Bh towards the bay and turn right on Pennsvylvania

If you ever wanted to join the club, find out what the club is all about, or just think you might be a good striper fisherman, GET IN THE GAME!!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm in. Last year there was a nice calcutta too. Do you know if there is going to be one this year?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey Luddy...i think there's Range boundaries in this tourney - Gov's mansion (n) to wreck inlet (s).

NO elephant trunk for you!

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are last years results. That name on there is getting alot of mention lately FishMaster ....and he is NOT!!! a club boat

Striped Bass
Place Boat Fish 1 Fish 2 Total $
1 Fish Master 25.44 12.38 37.82
2 ABC 17.78 19.14 36.92
3 AOK 15.24 14.74 29.98
4 Donuts 16.88 8.2 25.08 -
5 Miss Patti 20 - 20 -
6 Sufishent 7.76 6.5 14.26 -
7 Hold Tight 6.06 7.14 13.2 -
8 Arlene Ann 5.44 4.58 10.02 -

PS Brendan So the Shrewsberry Rocks are out??? ;)

[ 11-15-2005, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Re-Bait ]

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't fish this contest this year. So I don't mind telling everyone, last year the bigger fish were IN THE BAY.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
we had a bunch of fish on the practice day in LEI then 1 fish Saturday and nothing Sunday. I wish I could get in this year . Good luck to everyone involved this year.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What a great club. I'm a new member, and pretty much everyone I've met has been really nice. I can't fish the tourney but I wish I could. I hope someone in-house wins it!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Shrewsberry rocks...oh thats funny Dave!

You'd have to leave today to make it there in your tub by Saturday morning.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am pretty sure that they are the same as last year - Gov mansion to wreck inlet out to 3 miles and all back bays in between.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts