BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left TR at 3:30 PM and ran down the bay toward BI on Friday afternoon for first fishing exploration of the year to see what was going on. Looks like the CG set new cans to a straightened out Oyster Creek channel straight across. The not so new cut by the dike over to lighthouse still fully open and good to go. Broke inlet and made a left in search of life. Birds working here and there off CG station with small blues chasing bunker. Set trolling gear, spoons and stretches, out with drails. Sporadic bunker pods on screen with a few concentrated bait balls. No fish and no marks under or around them yet. Heard of one fish caught earlier in day. About 10 boats around area not doing much either. Pea soup rolled in around 6:00pm. Threw some plastics at submerged jetty. All the 3-6lb blues you could imagine. Headed back to dock around 7:30pm. Soon fellas! Tight lines!

29' Hydrasport CC w twin 250 ETEC's

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks For the report..sounds just about the same as last weekend. The channel caught me by surprise... I looked down at last years tracks on the plotter and almost **** myself...there was about a foot of water in that same spot last year. They moved a lot of sand right there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.