BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some shots of todays Low tide. I wonder where all the water went.:eek: In all the shots you can see whats left of the old Steel Jetty. I looked all around and I don't see any large rocks. My guess is the boats are hitting the steel.

This one is where the Gas dock is during the summer

This one is from the end of the road looking North

Next is about half way down the Jetty

This shot shows the end of the Inlet

·
Registered
472 Posts
hey big did you walk all the way out on the jetty.though boats were hitting about 100 to 150 ft into the inlet?that were there is a lump.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did. My camera died at midway:eek: . I didn't see anything that resembled a rock or anything. You are saying it was inside the inlet right? Or 100 - 150 passed the end of the rock pile? If I am home tomorrow in time for Low Tide I will check again. My camera is charging:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
When we had our 1st boat about 25 yrs ago we were going out of Bidwell's at low tide and came off a swell and hit that old stel jetty and gouged a nice size hole in the bottom. We got out to alomost Buglight before we realized we had a problem. Inner hull filled with water before it started to come out the screw holes. When we got back to the ramp and got the boat on the trailer, pulled the plug, it drained all the way back home.

·
Registered
472 Posts
big,yes about 1/4 to 1/2 way out to mid channel.i always come in fast to stay on plane and more to the port side in comming,to stay away from the proper side.what the he!! am i trying to say:eek: !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts