BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer fishing can be tough and unpredictable, just like the weather. That's why one must know many "text book" proven theories so that you can switch it up when necessary.
In my latest trip, I headed out to fish a local pond before a storm. Per "Text book" when barometric pressure is falling rapidly, it can trigger fish to aggressively feed. When that happens, you can cast fast moving lures to cover water. The reason is so that you can present your lure to as many fish as possible .
Unfortunately, the feeding didn't happen and I ended up resorting to another Text book fishing advice, Fish it slow at the bottom. Switched to a jig and pig and was covering water but at the bottom. In addition, because it's hot, I tried fishing around trees, wind blown coves and of course Pipes/culverts. The biggest fish of the day was pulled out from a pipe that I skillfully skipped a lure into the pipes. i only moved the lure a few inches before it was hit by a nice fish.

Enjoy the video!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Jimmy nice video, watched it today at work. Please check out my page if you haven't yet "Dave Deckard Fishing". The offer is still on the table if you want to come down and do another peacock bass video. How much does Scott charge for his charters?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jimmy nice video, watched it today at work. Please check out my page if you haven't yet "Dave Deckard Fishing". The offer is still on the table if you want to come down and do another peacock bass video. How much does Scott charge for his charters?
Thx Dave. Unfortunately, I have no plans on coming down to Florida anytime soon. The schedule doesn't seem to be good for me at this time.

If you are referring to Scott Rose, I don't know. I never fished with that guy before, on the other hand, I have fished with Capt Shane Procell before. He charges an arm and an leg plus some fingers from your other arm!

Thx for watching, tight lines!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Thx Dave. Unfortunately, I have no plans on coming down to Florida anytime soon. The schedule doesn't seem to be good for me at this time.

If you are referring to Scott Rose, I don't know. I never fished with that guy before, on the other hand, I have fished with Capt Shane Procell before. He charges an arm and an leg plus some fingers from your other arm!

Thx for watching, tight lines!
Thats right, for some reason I though you fished with Scott and not Shane. I heard Shane charges $500 for full day, I should be guiding im in the wrong business! Let me know if anything changes and you're able to get down here.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats right, for some reason I though you fished with Scott and not Shane. I heard Shane charges $500 for full day, I should be guiding im in the wrong business! Let me know if anything changes and you're able to get down here.
he charges more now with his new beautiful boat. he was smart... started YouTube early showing that he can get people hooked on fish. after that he collaborated with a few other big youtubers. he's set lol.

I'll consider next time I do go down. Just spent a ton building a new computer rig :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts