BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my best day of the season so far. Bunker are getting harder to find, and more often, when you find them, there are no bass in them.
Out of a pretty small school of bunker, I caught many Stripers. I kept the biggest. 42lbs Caught one just a little smaller..40lbs on a hand scale. I caught and released three more between 31lbs and 35lbs on a handscale.
Four or five of the other boats working this area had a bass or two. All this happened between 6am and 7:45am. These fish are on the move, because yesterday the bite was a right turn out of Manasquan Inlet. Today it was a left turn out of the inlet.

[ 07-08-2005, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: AFEW50S ]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Candy Man.....please let me clarify this....at no time yesterday, did I have more than one dead bass on my boat.
Craig....Terry is doing fine...I think he had two 38lb fish the day before down off Mantaloking or Sea Side.

RodFather......Thanks

All Fluked Up...Thanks

[ 07-08-2005, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: AFEW50S ]

·
Registered
4 Posts
I suggest you read the regs before setting out for "big bass"..you giving that fish away to a boat near you counts as your possession limit, since you killed it in essence. Sure you could say it was given to someone alive but why would you pass it off for another boat to release it? That's ridiculous. It's part of the wanton waste possession regs of NJ.

Someone actually weighed in a fish given to them by you? :rolleyes:

As for these big bass that bless our coast for these few short weeks, what's the harm in releasing the big ones? :confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chumslick.....I did not know this person. I said to him, didn't I just see you on the water? He denied everything, so I could be wrong about a fish being weighed in, or even dying for that matter.

As for releasing fish, every surf caught fish I catch and weigh in for the intra club tournaments is immediately released , usually in the inlet or off the dock in the river behind the weigh in shop. I have kept stripers up tp 35lbs alive in my bait tank after catching , weighed them in, then released them successfully into the inlet to swim away. This is all well documented and even written about locally. If you need to know more about me releasing big fish, call Alex's B+T on Inlet Drive in Pt Pleasant Beach , NJ

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Originally posted by TerryS:
Micky you need to call me!
Terry it's Art. How's that Avet holding up on those big slobs ? Inquiring minds wanna know.I will be down your way on Sunday.Road trip for The Real Clamman ;)

Art

[ 07-08-2005, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
99 Posts
How are you doing Mick,looks like the boats are the only way to fish any more,Joe and I have been busy tournament fishing all over. Tell Mike C I said hello and stop playing around and get a 50. Buddy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great hearing from you Buddy, I've seen that gorgeous boat off the front of Riddle a few mornings a week or so ago. Awesome power. I've read about your success in the tournaments. I'll say high to Mike, and I'll let ya know if I find one......

Ron R ....thanks

Terry, I need Phillip to give me your #

Mickey

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Big Striped Bass are stacked up off Mantoloking in 60 feet!

Several boats were killin em this afternoon chunking bunker at anchor. I saw at least 30 BIG bass caught and released on the "Bimini Gal" and "Mary Lou Crew", plus 3 or 4 other boats anchored up next to them.

Was solo so I couldn't anchor up, tried drifting thru the area but the Stripers wanted the bunker heads sitting on the bottom, I guess they were too lazy to chase em down while moving through on the drift.

Len
Finest Kind

·
Registered
239 Posts
FinestKind nice report,we will be heading down Sun. morning.We did well just north of there last weekend.Also the Highlands bridge up by us is hot,with eels or bunker.20-25 pounders!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Never had to go South on Sunday.Instead we headed out on Sat night and fished the ebb and we had 37 Bass on eels & sandworms ;) The biggest bass we had was abit shy of 27 lbs.

I got home at 7 am on Sunday and slept the whole day
If I was 10 yrs younger I would have gone back out there last night :D

Art

[ 07-11-2005, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.