BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally,something to report.Me,my pop and my 10 year old nephew Randy had a mothers day trip with Al on the team wellcraft boat,a 35ft cc.We were to meet Al and his mate at 4:30 am at a marina in sea bright so we could catch our own bunker.We showed up,but the mate didn't.Al called his buddy Gene and he ran down and got the show going.The marina on the way out had no bunker,so Al got on the phone again to some friends who were out cast netting.They would have some a little later.So Al and Gene got us started on some bunker spoons and we quickly boated two 18 pounders and a blue.It was time to go get some bunker and liveline.Al pulled up to his buddy and loaded the livewell.Livelining and circle hooks were new to us,but it wasn't long before we were all hooked up.It was like that the rest of the morning.We kept a few for some meals and let a couple dozen go.The fishing was so good we decided at 11 o'clock to bag it at noon.After using the last live one,a small school of bunker went by us and Al snagged one,gave it to Randy and he caught the last striper of the day.I think we were off staten island.I have to tell you guys,I've caught sailfish in costa rica,giant bluefin off of morehead and numerous other excursions,but this was the single greatest day of fishing I've had in my 43 years.Watching dad and Randy haul in striper after striper is something I'll never forget.Thanks to Al.But a special thanks to seventy year old Gene who got out of bed at 5 in the morning and ran circles around the boat to keep us in the fish.He wouldn't accept anything from us,Gene,my friend I am forever in your debt.Thank You,Joe.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a side note,all the fish were in the 18 to 20 pound range,I thought that unusual.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can someone post some pics for me,I have kodak easyshare and believe me nothing is easy to share with it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sounds like awesome fishing with a great captain who has a reputation that is hard to beat.... congrats!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was suppose to be the mate that trip but couldnt make it i called Al up and he left his cell at the house. Im glad you had a great time. Today we had nasty conditions but still caught a bunch of blues and 9 bass up about 25 lbs. The fish where there but the customers just coulnt hook them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It all worked out in the end TX,but I was pacing the parking lot that morning.Keep on getting'em.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Way to go Joey, Al and the rest of the crew. Sounds like a great day out there, congrats!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts