BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water and headed out to the channel. Looked for bunker, first school had big blues tearing them up. Non stop action on the biggest blues I have ever caught in the bay. Great action casting jig heads with gulp. Headed in to some structure and caught a sheepshead. Great day, good time had by all
Sky Cloud Vertebrate Fisherman Fish
Water Cloud Sky Vertebrate Hat
Water Sky Boat White Fisherman

·
Registered
20,174 Posts
I wish people were catching them from the surf then I could , and would get involved…….
I grabbed a big blue from shore a few, well many, years ago. In November! Or thereabouts, with a bunker chunk.

I think Corsons. I only surf fish in the spring and fall.

·
Registered
78,402 Posts
I wish people were catching them from the surf then I could , and would get involved…….
2 falls ago i chased them up the shore line from the Coastguard base to NWW. They turned out before the cut for Herford's and I was tiered. Guys were catching them in the surf

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nice report man! I remember about 8 to 10 years ago while striper fishing in November the bay was loaded with them- big 10-12LB gators. They'd just take your bunker chunk and the reels would scream.
Those were some great times. Back then, fishing the Rips with eels we use to refer to it as a Bluefish problem. Those suckers would destroy our eels and we did even want them. Today, I’d be happy to fight a slammer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts