BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out around 4:00 today. Knocked off work a little early to run the boat a little down the river. Ended up with 2 striper- 21" & 12". Buddy John got 1 @ 12" also. Beautiful day out there-flat as could be- 45 degree water temp. All fish caught in 8' of water on bloods north of CBB. Bloods were $12.50/ doz. at Taylors.

·
Registered
782 Posts
"There's only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - P.J. O'Rourke"

I guess paying $12.50 for bloods is one of those consequences. :D

Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
IHB, Taylors is in Essington. Get off 95 at essington and head towards the river. Take a left at the T intersection by the Lagoon and continue to Jansen Ave (its your first traffic light). Take a right and go all the way to the river and pull into the lot on your left.

Also a good place to hit for fresh clam if your not gonna make it down before the bait shops close.

Hope it helps,
RyanF

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Taylors clams rule, always fresh. One thing though you may want to make a left at the last street before the dead end & then a quick right into the industrial center, Taylors will be on your left, can't miss it.. The river floods the dead end & it looks passable but there's a deep depression in the road. One day last year (like an ahole) I decided it couldn't be very deep & I drove through the "puddle" with my old mitsubishi eclipse. Needless to say the engine was flooded & totaled. I've been told that trucks have gotten stuck in that "puddle" as well so be careful

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I guess you could do either or being as they're right down the street from one another

Not sure if either establishment will let you do a taste test though :eek:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I fished with last years salted clams and had over 15 fish with Capt.Buck.Plus salted clams hold on the hook without the use of clam wrap.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gordons on West Chester Pk did last year. I haven't checked with them yet. Walmart in Chi carried them in a bait machine last year also, but they are only carrying trout bait as of last week. I believe there will be a bait machine at the Ridley marina stocked with bloods shortly. I'm starting to think I should be in the worm business!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts