BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live about 10 mintues away from the Burlington Bristol Bridge. I never really fish for stripers there because i am always down the shore chasing them around. Now that im working 50hrs a week I need somewhere to head close after work. Anyone know if the bass are up that far yet?? Im guessing bloods or herring chunks for bait? Thank you.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
I fish south of you between the WW and the CMB on the jersey side and there have been some small schoolies caught but not many. I have been skunked so far just catching cats and carp on bloods...getting kinda pricy for those type of fish for me! lol

Jersey Mike

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Ryan
I've been out twice by the betsy ross
Nothing but cats
Another 3-4 weeks and it should be red hot

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
Your in a good area to get some stripers after a hard days work, definitly.

It's a short window of opportunity, the catching part, you can fish everyday:D .

Definitly give it a try with both s and herring.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
you can fish right there in burlington, they're not here yet, but bring small pole w/sabiki to catch some herring. then toss em out on the big pole for the stripe-ed ones. iam usually there almost every day after work, unless i can manage a crew to take the boat out (in the river). dont really care if i catch one or not, its just a nice place to sit and unwind after work. but i have landed some nice cows there shoot me an email if ya want to be a little more specific
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
LilFisherman said:
I live about 10 mintues away from the Burlington Bristol Bridge. I never really fish for stripers there because i am always down the shore chasing them around. Now that im working 50hrs a week I need somewhere to head close after work. Anyone know if the bass are up that far yet?? Im guessing bloods or herring chunks for bait? Thank you.
I get out of work by 430 and will be running my boat up to trenton for the bass and to stock up on the herring when they arrive. Your welcome to jump on the boat if you want. I work right at liberty toyota so i'm only 5 minutes to the ramp.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
fluken dont wanna invite myself , but iam game, gonna use my boat when i can, but if ya need a 2nd or 3rd lemme know, help dilute that fuel bill. iam in mt holly so iam there in 20 mins

·
Registered
266 Posts
We're just now starting to catch them down here by the CBB.Another barner posted one he caught today right across from me,a 36"er,he posted a pic in the freshwater forum:cool:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Let's get a trip or two together

Any time any of you guy's want to jump on with me I like having new guy's on board. I live a few blocks from the ramp and we have a few good spot's to fish. I'm with Take One, I really don't care to much if I land one or not, it's just nice to get out on the water after the winter. I can have the boat in the water with in ten minutes of leaving the house.

We are a few miles from Trenton which is some of the best jigging for herring, but we catch a night's worth of fishing in sight of the ramp. Very little gas is used so I don't ask for gas money.;)

Hit me up if you guy's are in We could all fit on my boat if you want. [email protected] It should only be a week or two. The full moon is the 21st. and the herring should be on their way. The water is pretty clean I was down at the ramp after work and the water was cleaner then I thought it was going to be. Maybe some one can bring some salted clams and some one can bring some blood worms.

Don C

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Maybe the sportsman center. I'll stop by tomarrow on the way home from work and see. If it's nice Sunday I'm going to replace the water pump and start it up. Sould be in in the next week or so.

Don C

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Chum Stains said:
after you get the boat in, swing by and pick me up too. i live on the river in bristol. ill run right out the back door.
You don't have a boston whaler do you? You know a guy named Tom who's a aotu tech?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
don theres another guy on the board here too "dee's nuts" he lives in burlington, we buddy boated it out to the ridge last year, i know he's game for the D stripers,he's a good guy. just havent seen him on here in awhile. iam about to ring his phone off the wall. iam getting stoked

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I see alot of Barner's in this area as of late. TSS lives around the corner, or did I haven't seen him in a while.

Don C

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yea man, it's nice to fish a ramp 1/2 mile from the house. The local guy's should chim in so we can do a coulpe of trip's. I find weekend, Friday or Saturday night, night trips with dead high tide around 8:30 PM to 9:00 PM make great trips lot's of time and good setup.

Next thing you know it will be ocean time.:D :D :D

Don C

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
any day after work im always up for a little striper fishing. Only kicker is..my fishing partner lives with me...so i cant leave him behind! But wed chip in for any $$$ needed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts