BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard rumors that you can get a ticket if you purposely fish for stripers in the Delaware at a certain time period. When are you allowed to fish for them and is there a certain lure/bait not allowed?

·
Registered
870 Posts
From March 31st. till I think June 15th you can't keep anything north of the Salem river. And if you are fishing north of that between those times you have to use an in-line circle hook and release all of your catches.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Above Trenton its all year.....

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Below Trenton, can NOT keep April 1 to May 31. NJ and DE require inline circle hooks, PA I believe does NOT. Watch out if you are on a boat on the DE below Oldmans Creek, you are considered to be in DE waters and need a DE license.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
BobEver said:
Below Trenton, can NOT keep April 1 to May 31. NJ and DE require inline circle hooks, PA I believe does NOT. Watch out if you are on a boat on the DE below Oldmans Creek, you are considered to be in DE waters and need a DE license.
Just a note, if you are a PA resident and launch from the NJ side, you must obey with NJ law- which means using circle hooks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats crazy. I wasnt going to keep any stripers out of the river anyway. I planned on fishing from shore on the PA side with some bloods and tossing some plastics. Anyone wanna go??

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
dante413 said:
Just a note, if you are a PA resident and launch from the NJ side, you must obey with NJ law- which means using circle hooks.
Can we put circle hooks on plugs?:D

So close, Dante......

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Ready skippack to where u came from:D :D . Yo lets get together some time, I know Bob is ready. Talked to a couple of guys going out today at Chester and they have been catching. Saw the USS JF Kennedy being tow up the river, pretty cool.
Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
My boat is not ready yet so if you guys are looking a partner for a day or two. I've only been fishing out of Ridley Marina for a few years but I do have some good spots.
Thanks Kenzo

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
bluefishbones said:
Ready skippack to where u came from:D :D . Yo lets get together some time, I know Bob is ready. Talked to a couple of guys going out today at Chester and they have been catching. Saw the USS JF Kennedy being tow up the river, pretty cool.
Tom
Are you saying we're light in our loafers?:D :D
May will be the bullseye month.........:)

·
Registered
628 Posts
From the Pennsylvania state line to Calhoun Street Bridge - March 1 through March 31 and June 1 through Dec. 31- 2 fish @ 28"
From Calhoun Street Bridge upstream - Open year-round

·
Registered
368 Posts
I always knew you were light on your feet Rodger. LOL
I'm going to give it a shot on the Jersey side this weekend. They might be there already I hope.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts