BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my boat at Larsen's Marina in Sea Isle when I saw the largest flattie I have ever seen and I am 57. 30 1/2 in. and 10 3/4 lbs. A real beauty. do not the fisherman's name but I think he was in shock. He didn't no wether to put it on ice, fillet it or take it for pix.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Welcome to the barn Hammerhead and thanks for the report, that is one heck of a fish & the only thing better is if it was in your cooler

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by hammerhead:
I was on my boat at Larsen's Marina in Sea Isle when I saw the largest flattie I have ever seen and I am 57. 30 1/2 in. and 10 3/4 lbs. A real beauty. do not the fisherman's name but I think he was in shock. He didn't no wether to put it on ice, fillet it or take it for pix. [/QUOTE

HAMMERHEAD-- WELCOME TO THE BARN--GREAT FIRST POST--A FLOUNDER THAT BIG SHOULD BE TAKEN TO BED WITH YOU.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Welcome hammerhead & I hope you enjoy your stay. Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
I AM AT LARSENS ALSO. HE HAD THAT FISH HANGING AT THE CLEANING TABLE THIS MORNING.IT WAS HUGE. I FISHED THE JERSEY SHORE CLASSIC THIS WEEKEND, THE WINNING FLOUNDER WAS 7.05.SOMEDAY!!!!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
hammerhead welcome to the barn it would be even sweeter if it was yours .

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Hey hammerhead,did he catch it at larsens or just weigh it in there ? I have a grady docked at 55st in Sea Isle. If they are at larsens then they should be behind my boat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THanks for the replies. At least fisherman read the posts!!!! Yea that was a nice fish. The bottom four inches right above the tail on the white side was red. Blood I guess. That fish was caught over by the Coast Guard Station somewhere. There are 50 boats there at all times. That's what is great about the sport.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HAMMERHEAD I'M THE GUY WITH THE DOORMAT YOU SAW AT LARSENS. YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT ME BEING IN SHOCK! BIGGEST FLOUNDER I EVERY PUT IN THE BOAT. CAUGHT HIM ON A MINNOW, ABOUT A HUNDRED YARDS FROM MARKER 365, JUST NORTH OF THE CG STATION. THE RED SPOT ON THE TAIL WAS FROM MY TROLLING MOTOR BATTERY. HAD IT ON TOP OF MY NET HOLDING THE BEAST DOWN ON THE RIDE BACK TO LARSENS. HE WANTED OUT OF THE BOAT IN A BIG WAY!

[ 07-26-2004, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: NUJBN ]

·
Registered
12,867 Posts
Congrats & Welcome NUJBN-beautiful doormat-can you post a picture?

[ 07-26-2004, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Spooled ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by NUJBN:
SPOOLED I'L BE GLAD TO POST A PIC IF YOU TELL ME HOW TO GO ABOUT IT.
NUJBN,
Welcome to the BassBarn.Com.
Glad To Have You Aboard....

Congrats on the Huge Fluke,,

Here are the Posting of Pictures Info:
How To Post Pictures

First you must upload your digital image to a web server. You can not link to pictures on your computers hard drive. www.momentoffame.com offeres a free service where they allow you to upload your digital images to their web server. I suggest you use their free service. Here's what you will need to do: 1) Upload your image to a web server (Moment Of Fame, etc) 2) After your pic is uploaded it will appear as a thumbnail or a smaller image of the original. Click on the smaller image so it appears in it's original size. From there right click on the image and select "properties". Highlight the address (URL)listed on the "Address" line (http://yourimage.jpg). After your have the address line highlighted, right click your mouse on the highlighted test and select "copy". 3) Now that you've copied the address (URL) of your digital image it's time to go back to the BARN and insert it into your post. 4) When you post a new topic or reply you will see a button that reads "IMAGE". Click on the "IMAGE" button. You will notice it entered [ img ][ /img ] into your text block. Simply right click between the two "IMG" tags and select "Paste" from the list. You should now see this [ img ]http://www.justanexample.com/yourimage.jpg [ /img ] That's all there is to it

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Here's the Sea Monster :D
Great Catch......

This flounder was caught in Sea Isle City by Bruce Nugent of Wenonah, NJ.
Caught Saturday 7-24-04
Weighed in at Larson's Marina & Gibson's in SIC.
30.5" 10lb 14.5 oz

Photo's Provided By StriperCam.Com

Thanks,,,

Thanks,,,

[ 07-26-2004, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
AWESOME FISH!!! i normally fish that area! good job on the fish of a lifetime! where was he 3 weeks ago :confused:

[ 07-26-2004, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Skmag357 ]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Bruce, nice catch!

You probably don't remember me but I lived around the corner from you in Wenonah. It's amazing how many familiar names I've run into on this site.

Ralph Duffield

1 - 20 of 38 Posts