BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear what the Big Jamaica's been doing lately? Six of us have a trip on the 21st and we're trying to find reports, but this boat has been silent.

We'll also be in Point Pleasant Friday night so if you want to grab a beer let me know. We're looking for some good cheap brews the night before.

Fred

·
Registered
455 Posts
Looks like they havent updated their website recently.

From their website:

1-8 Report

We had very good ling fishing again today with a few cod mixed in.

The pool winner was:

Chris Anderson from Somerset NJ with a 7LB cod

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jamaica

Posted on another site on 01/16/2012 BY FISHHEAD1985

for me, yesterday was a marathon in the truest sense of the word! I got up at 1:30 in the morning and, a half hour later, took the two hour ride down to Brielle for my first 12 hour mudhole trip on the Jamaica 2....and, considering the conditions, it was quite a dandy (Even more amazing was how comfortable the ride was in such nasty, choppy seas)! It was a small group of fares; great bunch of guys who were probably suffering from as bad a case of cabin fever as I was (hadn't been out since before New Year's)

Good sized ling cooperted from the get go, and catches ranged from ten to about 30 fish. I ultimately ended up with 17 of these and was also fortunate enough to get a cod for the dinner table! Pout were along for the ride, too, and some MONSTER congers/silver eels showed up.

The biggest surprise, for me personally came later in the day when I caught two keeper blackfish(blackfish are open in NJ until March). Indeed, there was a decent showing of tog all around the boat and another fare got a beautiful 6 or 7 pound whitechin. There were even some straggler seabass that were obviously released...surprised that some are still there on the inside :(

So really, what more can I say?!? The Jamaica 2 made a great first impression; the service is great (You will love Ken, the mate, if you haven't met him already), the fishing was solid, and (perhaps most important on a day like this) THE BOAT IS VERY COMFORTABLE!

To Ken, Capt. Joe Bogan and Company: Thank you

Mixed Bag...Jersey Style

MONSTER Silver eels

Big Ling a Dings

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got the email newsletter today around 4pm.

Not too much detail but here you go:

1 - 17 Report
Fishing has been good on most trips. We are catching lots of ling with a few cod mixed in. It was a little slower over the weekend when we had high winds along with a very strong current but, fishing bounced back on Monday.
We are scheduled to sail every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 4AM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts