BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This past run of CM Original Hammered Diamond jigs, I tried a new plating subcontractor, who overall did a fairly decent job but the jigs where "batchy". Some are absolutely perfect gleeming gems and some others are not 100% to my standards and cannot be sold retail.

For those that do not mind a blemish in the finish, could be a pit, scale or flake this is a FANTASTIC DEAL, as if they are not 100% I can't retail them, as I want each one to be absolutely perfect when it goes in a shop, but that doesn't make them ANY less fishable.

The quality issue affects the finish ONLY, not the structural strength of the jigs. I am and will continue to fish the "blems" myself, the fish don't seem to mind a bit!

So I am going to blow out these "Blems" at half price. Like I said they are 100% strong and 100% fishable, just the finish you might find a few dull spots and/or small divots or chips in the plated finish.

This is a one shot deal and I'm hoping and expecting they don't last too long at these prices and free shipping to boot if you can take about a dozen (+-$40) so stock up today.

http://shop.cmtackle.com/search.php?search_query=blems&x=0&y=0

*** Then special #2 is for 8 oz 220g Hammered Diamonds Vintage 2009 - finish is perfect, NOT A BLEM, but they 1) are in the old original package and 2) have Chinese 8/0 hooks crimped on them. The hook is fine for Cod, Sea Bass, Bluefish BUT I don't trust them on Tuna and we have since done away with anything but VMC or Gamakatsu Hooks (Vintages 2010 and forward).

So anything that has a Chinese hook must go! The quality of the jig and swivel is 100% if you don't like the hooks - cut them off with sidecutters as a winter project and crimp on something better if you are tuna fishing.

Great rainy day project! I have VMC and Gamakatsu 4X strong 8/0 tuna grade hooks in stock for replacement.

http://shop.cmtackle.com/cm-flat-hammered-diamond-jig-220g-7-1-2-oz-chrome-china-hook/

Click here for the Siwash replacement hooks

http://shop.cmtackle.com/vmc-siwash-open-eye-8-0-10-pack/

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dan,
Great deal I just ordered 10 of the blems...Thanks again for the great deal hope to put a few tuna on the boat in a few months with them

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks for the great deal!! I don't think the fish can tell after they get abused by their friends, family and enemies. Most of my best lures are well worn and still out perform the pretty ones.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice deal Dan. I've always had better luck with jigs where the finish has been worn anyway. You maybe onto something. Kind of like worn jeans:D. I can see it now CMT new worn finish. Lol

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Nice! Another box of jigs to add to the collection! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Gang I appreciate the strong response to the sale and helping me thin the inventory a bit.

I think everyone is going to be very happy with their purchases and its a great way for us to introduce our version of the Hammered Jig to more customers.

Everyone that ordered by noon was shipped today! and many will receive there jigs this afternoon if USPS is on target.

You will notice when fishing them, the action is NOT the same as an AVA jig, they are more like a spoon since they are flat and broad so they move horizontally in the water not just up and down. 70% or more of my hits on are on the drop (fall).

You might have good luck by varying the rate of drop. By keeping your thumb on the spool (fast drop) or just thumbing the spool every few seconds (wild exaggerated drop).

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$40.00 will cover costs and get you free shipping, that should be right around a dozen jigs. Otherwise the shopping cart will give you a total and calc the shipping using USPS or Fed Ex Ground, based on your zip code.

If the order didn't qualify for free freight, Typically shipping ranges from $2.40 up to about $5.00 (small flat rate box will hold 6 to 10 jigs).

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dan,
Great deal I just ordered 10 of the blems...Thanks again for the great deal hope to put a few tuna on the boat in a few months with them
Thanks appreciate the good response! Yes can't wait for warmer weather and tuna flopping around the deck :thumbsup:

That size is actually a good all around weight, I've taken yellowfin this summer, bass this fall and a few prime sea bass all on the same gold 170g / 6 oz

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Placed my order last night. Thanks Dan.
Thanks appreciate the order, its going out this morning!

Supplies of the 6 oz Gold Blem are getting thin but I've also been sorting through all the heavy sizes and just put up some 420 and 520 Gold blems at $8.95 each on the site.

Maybe have to go and raid neighboring Post Offices for more flat rate boxes! - thanks again for the strong response everyone.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have a question on shipping also. I placed an order on 10 Jan and got an e-mail saying item was shipped on the same day. When I go to the site and check order status it says

Order Status: Awaiting Fulfillment

Does that mean that it has shipped and is enroute? Not a problem, I was just curious since I like to make sure that packages do not get left outside my house if possible.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my email said the same thing... Just looking for some clarification. Thx.
Sure - when I ship I typically hand delivery the packages to the post office as its a mile down the road.

If the clerk doesn't or in most cases 'won't' :mad::mad::mad: scan the packages then the tracking doesn't get updated till it hits the main post office in Philly.

Sometimes like today, I dropped off a load at 7AM and they are not open, so all the priority mail packages go in the automated postage center box and are not scanned in.

It is a little frustrating that I'm paying for tracking and likely it gets updated when they drop the box on your doorstep....

1 - 20 of 86 Posts