BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who wants to have a fish pool around $5-10 thousand, winner takes all.The specie has yet been decided. It will encompass maybe 3 party boats and over a 2 week period. With that type of winnings, is the boat or angler have any Tax issues? To get that amount of money, he'll have a separate pool and of course, you'll need a Honest bookkeeper or two to handled the money. Any help with this matter would be Deeply Appreciated. Dennis

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Sure sounds nice to be able to win that kind of money but it also sounds like a major undertaking. If you do it on the up and up you will surly need to claim prize money for taxes that alone is an issue. Good Luck I would love to get in if it happens. TJ

·
Registered
49,944 Posts
i have a friend who wants to have a fish pool around $5-10 thousand, winner takes all.the specie has yet been decided. It will encompass maybe 3 party boats and over a 2 week period. With that type of winnings, is the boat or angler have any tax issues? To get that amount of money, he'll have a separate pool and of course, you'll need a honest bookkeeper or two to handled the money. Any help with this matter would be deeply appreciated. Dennis
either bob and bcm for the money or
bern and margaritaville

where could you possibly fill 3 party boats over a 2 week period or do they fish amonst the daily fares??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.