BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since 1983, when i moved to swedesboro my friends and i have fished opening day of trout season.I'M lucky ,in the sense that one of my friends owns a lot, the last lot on swedesboro lake. Over the years, many generations have fished opening day. Some are still with us, some arn't. But we always show up. Snow ,ice, torential rains were always there. With the forcast i heard at 10 pm last night i thought that maybe, just maybe the streak would end. My grandson has been sick all week with bronchistis, and i really didn't want to take him out in the rain. But being the trooper he is at 11 he pleaded with me to go. Well i woke up this mourning and the sun was shinning and i knew it was going to be a great day. WE caught a few trout early, nothing big.Them my grandson asked if he could go and fish with his friends on the property next to where we fished. I figured he was done for the day. His friends were playing around. But i looked over he was fishing. Next thing i know the other kids were yelling that josh had a big fish. One of the guys who fishes there regularly ran over with the net. By the time i got there, the fish was on the beach. A5.4 lb. rainbow, 22 inches long. I measured the girth at 14 inches. Thank- you hurricane schwartz for being wrong once again. A great day was had by all. One other thing. Thanks to Chris Thomas and his family for the place where dreams for kids come true.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Monster

Congrats to your Grandson that is a Monster Trout that he will remember catching for his whole life.The fact that he was with his grandpa is even better.That is a bond that will last forever,HRL:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Grandpa ann Grandson

This is a great story and I hope that your Grand son is over his bronc.
I hope you get to repeat this story a few more times....God bless:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts