BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me,loosedrag and eelball went up to the raritan today to try some bassin and were treated to some of the best fishin i have ever seen!!!we had an early start and found the bunker right away.after snaging our share we were off to the fishing grounds.as soon as mikes"loosedrag" bunker hit the bottom,"bam" fish on.he got the day started and from there on it was none stop.i had some "issues" setting the hook at first but got the hang of it after i lost about 10 fish :eek: george "eelball" got a slob on a light rod and it ran him around the boat for some time .he sure was hurtin after i netted that fish :D it did slow down a little around 11:00 but mike made a move and that is when all hell broke loose.as soon as we dropped down, all of our rods bent over and it was a triple header :D :D got my bigest of the day on that drop,fish was 45 inches and just over 34lbs on my scale..we had to leave to get home around 1:00 and left them biting.when i tell you the fishing was crasy i mean it was really crasy.we had double headers and triple headers at times and all the fish were big"nothing under 20lbs"felt good to get out and really have "one of those days"i have some great pics and will post as soon as i can get them up.mike and george thanks again for havin me aboard for one of the best days of striper fishing i have ever had.good fishin, matt

[ 05-17-2006, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: sweet release1 ]

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Wow :eek:
Thanks for the report, Good job

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chris, seen you out there,we were in the brand new maycraft"sweet ride" how about that rain today ?? it was really hard and all day,but the fish were already wet anyway ;) nice to see you guys hooked up all day too ,matt

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guys i'm really having a hard time posting the pics from today.i went to myfishpics and it keeps saying the pics are too big.looked around for resizing but came up empty.any help would be great thanks ,matt

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Use photobucket.com. Much easier to use. Just copy the code at the bottom underneath your pic and paste it in your thread.

Just make sure you un-check the "Keep the same name as saved" button before you upload from your computer.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
oof, That raritan is no joke.
My best went 44". Was some big blues that made things difficult. I thought on of the coolest things was when a bluefish bit sweets bunker in half right next to the boat, then a big bass came up a finished off the head, as we sat and watched.
That is some of the easiest big bass fishing I've ever been a part of. You boyz up North half a great thing going, and as long as everyone does there part on quality releases, it should be great for yrs to come.
My hands are beat to hell. Instead of striper thumb, I have striper palm. when we got low on bunker toward the end we drifted chunks, and did just as well as the livies.
Already trying to figure out a way to get back.
On a side note. I worked till 12am the night before. Got to bed at 1am, and up at 330. on parkway by 4am with bolts of lightning everywhere. Poured on parkway, with zero visiblity and cars pulled over. I was doing 35mph. Made it up there in under an hour and a half. So 2 1/2 hrs sleep, fished all day, got home at 3:50 and was working at 4pm. got off at midnight last night and my arse was KICKED! Id do it again without a second thought.
Mike and Matt, Always a good time fishing with you guys. Thanx Mike, I owe you 1 ;)
I don't think the heavy stuff's comin down for quite some time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
GREAT report! I will be there next Wednesday and Sunday. I hope it holds out till then. We just use clams because I am a newbie and don't know where or how to catch bait. The bait shop hasn't had any fresh bunker yet. We have done pretty well on clams so far.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
man it was hard to get up and go to work today.i'm still hearing those reels screaming.george you must of been dragin bro.now i have to go i have some bacon wraped striper waiting for me :D ,matt

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Just finished my Striper Parm for dinner! The weather was crazy, we sampled everthing mutha nature had except snow...But its funny after the first triple header stripes we didnt care about gettin wet or cold. The last stop of the day was nonstop stripers. Always save the best drift till last. ;) I am gonna be out again SATURDAY morning. Eel is right watching the bass and blues assault our bunks boatside was awesome. Chris good seeing you bailing em. Sweet how bout da pics bro. Great fishing with great freinds, life is good!
Tight Lines
loose...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.